Contest: Dress up your Robot for HalloweenPosted by RoboCommunity Team on Tuesday, 16 October 2007
The contest is closed, and the judge has made her determinations. The winners are...
1st Prize (and recipient of a Roboreptile): Jaxster for PumpkinSapien
2nd Prize (and recipient of RSV2 Minis): a TIE between RobosapienV2-4mem8 for Borg-o-sapien and milw for Skelator meets Jason meets Robosapien
And more good news... T-shirts for EVERYONE who entered.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to have fun and contribute! Hope everyone had a great time. Check out the whole list of entries to see everyone's great work...
Original Contest Information:
Muhahahaha! It's that time of year ... a time of ghouls and ghosts, hobgoblins and spectres, Snickers and candy corn ... and robots dressed up for Halloween!
So, the race is on...
Who can post a video or still image of their favorite WowWee robot all decked out to trick or treat? Create a video of your RSV2 scaring the neighbors. Or perhaps your Roboquad will attend the ball as Cinderellalienspiderthing. Or, RS Media could get the smack down on Roboreptile in the latest WWE challenge (costume required).
Whatever your idea, show us in video or photos, and have a chance to win nifty WowWee prizes! Here are the details...
Entry is easy. First, you have to be a member of RoboCommunity. Then, simply post an embedded YouTube video or image to one of the three official contest threads below between now and midnight on October 30th. Winners will be selected at that time by our very own Michelle C, WowWee insider and in this case judge and jury on the best Halloween robo videos / images.
Videos will be perferred, so for the best chance to win, post a video. You may doctor your video or image with special effects if you'd like to, but please post the original as well, so that we can all admire your great Photoshop / Moviemaker skills.
There are three categories for this contest... the scariest, the funniest, and the most realistic. You may enter one or more (even all) categories if you'd like, but you will only win one prize. Here's how the categories break down...
Scariest - Michelle will select the video / image of the WowWee robot most likely to scare the neighbor children. If this is you, enter by posting to this thread.
Funniest - Here, the prize will go to the 'bot most likely to make you roll on the ground laughing as you watch the video. If this is you, enter by posting to this thread.
Most Realistic - If you think you can convince Michelle that aliens really are invading for halloween or that "Robopanda: Night of the Living Dead" is a true life action film, then enter here. If this is you, enter by posting to this thread.
Many prizes will be given, so your chance to win is outstanding. Here's a breakdown of the available prizes...
- 3 Grand Prizes: Roboreptile (one per category)
- 3 1st Prizes: Robosapien V2 Mini (one per category)
- 10 2nd Prizes: WowWee T-shirt (Check out an image of the T-shirt at the WowWee Store.)
Michelle C will be the sole, exclusive, one-and-only authority on who wins what. She'll select them on Halloween (October 31st), and we'll post the winners then.
The RoboCommunity "Dress up your Robot for Halloween" contest is open to residents of the US, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Australia only. Capable Networks, WowWee employees, and their immediate familiy members are ineligible. Eligible persons are allowed multiple entries, but only one prize winner, per household, over the promotional period is allowed.
Now get started shooting that video! We look forward to seeing the fruits of your ghoulish creativity...
Contest Rules and Regulations:
- Promotion. Capable Networks LLC ("Capable Networks") wants to give the opportunity for members of the RoboCommunity website to win various prizes - specifically WowWee T-shirts, RSV2 minis, and a Roboreptile - as part of the RoboCommunity "Dress up your Robot for Halloween” contest / promotion.
- Prizes. The "Robosapien V2 Mini" prize includes a Wow Wee Robotics miniature of the Robosapien V2. The “Roboreptile” prize includes a Wow Wee Robotics Roboreptile robot, These promotional prizes are limited to residents of the United States, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Australia only. Winners will be chosen at random from the pool of eligible entries. The odds of winning varies on the number of entrants. Any expense not specifically stated as being included in the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Capable Networks reserves the right to substitute the prize with a similar prize of equal or greater value or with the equivalent cash value. The winner may not transfer or substitute prizes. Federal, state, local and international taxes, charges and incidental costs, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Use of Entries. All entries become the property of Capable Networks and may be featured in future Capable Networks advertising and promotions. By entering this promotion, entrants agree that Capable Networks may use and publish their name and entry in all media and types of advertising and promotion of Capable Networks products and services, and may contact each entrant directly with marketing or other information. Entrants further agree that their submitted statements are expressions of their personal belief and opinion.
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Eligibility. In order to be eligible to win, all participants must be 18 years of age or older, and must be a legal resident of the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, or the 50 United States, including Washington, D.C., excluding residents of Puerto Rico. Capable Networks employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Prize winners deemed ineligible due to residency, age, or other reason at Capable Networks sole discretion will be disqualified, and a new winner will be determined at any time after the promotional period has ended.
- Drawing. This promotion begins on 10/01/2007 and will end at 23:59 CST October 30, 10/30/2006, or at Capable Network’s sole discretion. All timely entrants will be entered into the contest. A winner will be drawn at random from the pool of all eligible entries.
- Notification. Capable Networks will notify the winner by e-mail and/or U.S. Mail at the address provided no later than thirty (30) days following the selection of the winning entry. Capable Networks is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification due to inactive email accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner's failure to adequately monitor any email account. The winner must then respond to Capable Networks within fourteen (14) days. Should the winner fail to respond to Capable Networks, Capable Networks reserves the right to disqualify that winner and select a new winner.
- Conditions of Participation. All entries become the property of Capable Networks. By submitting an entry for this promotion, you agree to abide by these rules and any decision Capable Networks makes regarding this promotion. Capable Networks reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Capable Networks' reasonable suspicion, tampers with the site, the entry process, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- Disclaimer and Limit of Liability. CAPABLE NETWORKS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CAPABLE NETWORKS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM OR RELATES TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, OR WINNING OR USE OF A PRIZE. CAPABLE NETWORKS RESERVES THE RIGHT , IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES, IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE EVENT ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION AS PLANNED. IN NO EVENT SHALL CAPABLE NETWORKS LIABILITY EXCEED THE CASH VALUE OF THE PRIZE(S) TO BE AWARDED IN THIS PROMOTION.
- Governing Law. This promotion and the rights and obligations of Capable Networks and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of Illinois, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of Illinois, DuPage County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of Illinois and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this promotion.