Contest: RoboCommunity Video ManiaPosted by RoboCommunity Team on Wednesday, 5 December 2007
Got a video camera? Got a WowWee robot? Then you have all you need to partake in
RoboCommunity Video Mania
UPDATE: The winners of the RoboCommunity Video Mania competition have been announced - click here to see if you're one of them!
We received the following qualifiying entries for the competition:
How to Enter
Between now and Friday, January 11th, every embedded YouTube video posted to RoboCommunity containing at least one WowWee robot doing something entertaining or significant in the clip gets one entry in the contest. Every video posted is an additional entry. So, the more you post, the better your chances to win.
What's a legitimate entry, you say? I'm glad you asked! The judges will be decide which entries qualify and which don't. Of course, we're sure nobody would consider submitting videos of their robots just standing/lying/sitting/loitering there, but just in case, we wanted to be clear.
Post your video to whatever forum is appropriate, given the robots that it features. We'll figure out the entries and post the results as the contest nears conclusion. Keep an eye out for the tally board.
Then, on the 15th, three videos will be randomly selected to win...
Grand Prize: One lucky winner will receive a Neuros OSD. Because the winner is clearly a videophile (as evidenced by their hundreds of video entries to the contest ), we're giving away the OSD to help you organize and make videos readily available for playback - almost anywhere. Learn more about the OSD and what it can do for the videophiles among us.
Runners Up: Two runners up will each win a WowWee T-shirt (modeled to the right by the lovely Benny).
So, jump on board! Can't wait to see those videos!
The "RoboCommunity Video Mania" contest is open to residents of the US, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Australia only. Capable Networks, WowWee employees, and their immediate familiy members are ineligible. Eligible persons are allowed multiple entries, but only one prize winner, per household, over the promotional period is allowed.
Now get started shooting that video! We look forward to seeing the fruits of your creativity...
Contest Rules and Regulations:
- Promotion. Capable Networks LLC ("Capable Networks") wants to give the opportunity for members of the RoboCommunity website to win various prizes - specifically WowWee T-shirts and a Neuros OSD - as part of the "RoboCommunity Video Mania” contest / promotion.
- Prizes. The "Neuros OSD" prize includes a Neuros OSD digital media device. These promotional prizes are limited to residents of the United States, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Australia only. Winners will be chosen at random from the pool of eligible entries. The odds of winning varies on the number of entrants. Any expense not specifically stated as being included in the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Capable Networks reserves the right to substitute the prize with a similar prize of equal or greater value or with the equivalent cash value. The winner may not transfer or substitute prizes. Federal, state, local and international taxes, charges and incidental costs, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Use of Entries. All entries become the property of Capable Networks and may be featured in future Capable Networks advertising and promotions. By entering this promotion, entrants agree that Capable Networks may use and publish their name and entry in all media and types of advertising and promotion of Capable Networks products and services, and may contact each entrant directly with marketing or other information. Entrants further agree that their submitted statements are expressions of their personal belief and opinion.
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Eligibility. In order to be eligible to win, all participants must be 18 years of age or older, and must be a legal resident of the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, or the 50 United States, including Washington, D.C., excluding residents of Puerto Rico. Capable Networks employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Prize winners deemed ineligible due to residency, age, or other reason at Capable Networks sole discretion will be disqualified, and a new winner will be determined at any time after the promotional period has ended.
- Drawing. This promotion begins on 12/05/2007 and will end on 01/11/2008, or at Capable Network’s sole discretion. All timely entrants will be entered into the contest. A winner will be drawn at random from the pool of all eligible entries.
- Notification. Capable Networks will notify the winner by e-mail and/or U.S. Mail at the address provided no later than thirty (30) days following the selection of the winning entry. Capable Networks is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification due to inactive email accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner's failure to adequately monitor any email account. The winner must then respond to Capable Networks within fourteen (14) days. Should the winner fail to respond to Capable Networks, Capable Networks reserves the right to disqualify that winner and select a new winner.
- Conditions of Participation. All entries become the property of Capable Networks. By submitting an entry for this promotion, you agree to abide by these rules and any decision Capable Networks makes regarding this promotion. Capable Networks reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Capable Networks' reasonable suspicion, tampers with the site, the entry process, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- Disclaimer and Limit of Liability. CAPABLE NETWORKS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CAPABLE NETWORKS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM OR RELATES TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, OR WINNING OR USE OF A PRIZE. CAPABLE NETWORKS RESERVES THE RIGHT , IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES, IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE EVENT ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION AS PLANNED. IN NO EVENT SHALL CAPABLE NETWORKS LIABILITY EXCEED THE CASH VALUE OF THE PRIZE(S) TO BE AWARDED IN THIS PROMOTION.
- Governing Law. This promotion and the rights and obligations of Capable Networks and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of Illinois, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of Illinois, DuPage County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of Illinois and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this promotion.