Dance Along with the WowWee FemiSapien!Posted by Peter Redmer on Wednesday, 16 January 2008
Sophisticated, intelligent, charming, and talented - sounds like the perfect girl - and FemiSapien has it all.
FemiSapien is the most agile walking female robot out there! Her arms and legs move with ease, and she is remarkably mobile. Choose from using touch, sight, or sound to interact with her.
FemiSapien's 4-way joystick hands can be used to change her motion, and with thirty-six functions and twenty interactive routines, she's quite the entertainer!
Taking charge is also one of her specialties - she can converse with and even control other robots in the WowWee lineup. Listen to her "talk" in her own unique language of sounds and gestures.
She has three modes of operation, and these can be accessed by tilting her head into one of three positions. Her Learning Mode allows you to instruct her, in real time, through a series of movements. In her third mode, Responsive Mode, she will play back your custom movements. Finally, her Attentive Mode allows her to intelligently "wander" about; she can see over 1.2 feet in front of her, and can hear you from across the room! She'll interact with her environment by exploring, seeing, hearing, and dancing.
Oh - we didn't mention that she's quite the dancer? Play a song, any song - and FemiSapien will detect the music. She'll move and shimmy along with the beat, which is really fun to watch!
With remarkable agility, sophisticated interaction, and a fun personality, FemiSapien is sure to amaze and entertain you.
Features of the WowWee FemiSapien
- Sophisticated language and gestures
- Control her by sight, sound, touch, or her 4-way joystick hands
- Will detect music and dance alongPlayback of recorded move routines
- IR radar with 1.2 ft. range and hearing ability
- 5 X Motors
- 3 X Interactive Modes: Attentive, Responsive, and Learning
- 4 X Position Switches - located in each joystick hand and can access up to 56 functions
- 1 X IR Receiver
- 2 X IR Transmitters
- 1 X Microphone - to detect music, words, and sharp noises
- 1 X speaker with 90 seconds of sound
- 2 X Tilt Sensors - for forwards and backwards fall detection
- 56 functions and 68 hidden functions
- Song initiated dancing
Expected Availability: Late Summer 2008
Suggested Retail Price: $99.99