Robo Dance Contest Begins - Get Down With Your 'Bot Self!Posted by RoboCommunity Team on Friday, 28 March 2008
A few days ago, we introduced our new "Image Galleries" feature, which allows you to upload images to a custom gallery of your own design. The possibilities are endless!
We've decided to kick off this awesome new feature with a "Robo Dance" contest - show off your WowWee bot's slick dancing moves. Is your WowWee robot the next John Travolta? Let's find out!
How to Enter - The Robot Dance Galleries Group!
Of course, you've already got your digital camera ready and your bot's dancing shoes are on, but how will you submit your entries? (If you're not a member, click here to join RoboCommunity first!)
Now, head on over to the "Robo Dance Galleries" group in our "Groups" section. Join the group, and don't forget to subscribe to the group notifications so you can be notified when a new entry comes along. It's always good to keep an eye on your competition!!
Second, you'll need to capture your robot's dance in pictures. You can either program a dance into the robot, and take pictures as it goes along, or you can just position your robot frame by frame. It's all up to you how you record your dance sequence in pictures.
Please note that you can use any WowWee robot for this contest!
Then, you can create an image gallery for the thread and upload your dance sequence there. You'll want to make sure you put captions in if you wish, and ensure that the photos are ordered correctly. When we click through the pictures, you robot will do its dance! Click here for more information on how to create an image gallery.
How to Win
Entries will be collected from today, Friday, March 28, 2008 until Wednesday, April 30th, 2008. Each thread containing a dance sequence of at least 10 photos will be counted as a qualifying entry. The more entries you have, the better chance you have to win. Entries containing profanity, unacceptable images, or less than 10 photos will not be counted.
Our judges will go through a rigorous process to determine the best three dance sequences. Judges will be announced at a later date. Here's some of what we'll be looking at:
- Creativity. How original is your dance sequence?
- Humor. Were we rolling over with laughter? Make it entertaining and fun to look at!
- Sets and Props. Remember - you can put your robot anywhere. Dress it up in a funny costume or make it do something outrageous in its dance!
Yes, we were getting to the best part - the prizes!
Grand Prize: A shiny new FlyTech Dragonfly! We all know about this super fun flying 'bot - add another to your collection, or have a fresh model to hack and play with! Or, if you don't have one already, you can experience the fun of flying one for the first time.
Second and Third Prizes: Your very own WowWee T-Shirt!
The "RoboCommunity Robo Dance" contest is open to residents of the US, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Australia only. Must be 18 years of age. Capable Networks, WowWee employees, and their immediate familiy members are ineligible. Eligible persons are allowed multiple entries, but only one prize winner, per household, over the promotional period is allowed.
Alright, we're excited to see your robot dance moves - let's see who can create the best!
Contest Rules and Regulations:
- Promotion. Capable Networks LLC ("Capable Networks") wants to give the opportunity for members of the RoboCommunity website to win various prizes - specifically WowWee T-shirts and a WowWee FlyTech Dragonfly - as part of the "RoboCommunity Robo Dance” contest / promotion.
- Prizes. The "FlyTech Dragonfly" prize includes a WowWee Flytech Dragonfly. These promotional prizes are limited to residents of the United States, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Australia only. Winners will be selected from the pool of qualifying entries by the contest judges. The odds of winning varies on the number of entrants. Any expense not specifically stated as being included in the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Capable Networks reserves the right to substitute the prize with a similar prize of equal or greater value or with the equivalent cash value. The winner may not transfer or substitute prizes. Federal, state, local and international taxes, charges and incidental costs, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Use of Entries. All entries become the property of Capable Networks and may be featured in future Capable Networks advertising and promotions. By entering this promotion, entrants agree that Capable Networks may use and publish their name and entry in all media and types of advertising and promotion of Capable Networks products and services, and may contact each entrant directly with marketing or other information. Entrants further agree that their submitted statements are expressions of their personal belief and opinion.
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Eligibility. In order to be eligible to win, all participants must be 18 years of age or older, and must be a legal resident of the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, or the 50 United States, including Washington, D.C., excluding residents of Puerto Rico. Capable Networks and WowWee employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Prize winners deemed ineligible due to residency, age, or other reason at Capable Networks sole discretion will be disqualified, and a new winner will be determined at any time after the promotional period has ended.
- Drawing. This promotion begins on 03/28/2008 and will end on 04/30/2008, or at Capable Network’s sole discretion. All timely entrants will be entered into the contest. Winners will be chosen from the pool of all eligible entries based on the sole opinion of the contest judges.
- Notification. Capable Networks will notify the winner by e-mail and/or U.S. Mail at the address provided no later than thirty (30) days following the selection of the winning entry. Capable Networks is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification due to inactive email accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner's failure to adequately monitor any email account. The winner must then respond to Capable Networks within fourteen (14) days. Should the winner fail to respond to Capable Networks, Capable Networks reserves the right to disqualify that winner and select a new winner.
- Conditions of Participation. All entries become the property of Capable Networks. By submitting an entry for this promotion, you agree to abide by these rules and any decision Capable Networks makes regarding this promotion. Capable Networks reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Capable Networks' reasonable suspicion, tampers with the site, the entry process, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- Disclaimer and Limit of Liability. CAPABLE NETWORKS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CAPABLE NETWORKS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM OR RELATES TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, OR WINNING OR USE OF A PRIZE. CAPABLE NETWORKS RESERVES THE RIGHT , IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES, IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE EVENT ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION AS PLANNED. IN NO EVENT SHALL CAPABLE NETWORKS LIABILITY EXCEED THE CASH VALUE OF THE PRIZE(S) TO BE AWARDED IN THIS PROMOTION.
- Governing Law. This promotion and the rights and obligations of Capable Networks and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of Illinois, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of Illinois, DuPage County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of Illinois and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this promotion.