RoboDuke's Extra Strength ChallengePosted by RoboDuke on Saturday, 26 January 2008
RoboDuke’s Extra Strength Challenge
Download the jar file located at http://www.vw.vccs.edu/bussci/Wolff/robot/robot.jar. The challenge is to make this a much more robust Java application (using good design as described in chapter 5). Extend this example to keep track of how many robots were sold for each type of robot in each of the individual stores. Keep the store name also. Assume different robots can be sold in different sets of stores (ex. RoboPets are sold in BestBuy in San Diego and Target in Phoenix but Robosapiens are sold only in Walmart in Seattle). When you are done, add a thread to the forum indicating that you are submitting an entry and send your jar file for the entry to Diane Wolff at email@example.com. Tell her RoboDuke sent you!!! Entry submission closes February 11th. First prize will be a very cool t-shirt.
Diane will post the best answers to the forum, and you can become famous!!!
Contest Rules and Regulations:
- Promotion. Capable Networks LLC ("Capable Networks") wants to give the opportunity for members of the RoboCommunity website to win various prizes - specifically a WowWee T-shirt - as part of the "RoboDuke's Extra Strength Challenge” contest / promotion.
- Prizes. These promotional prizes are limited to residents of the United States, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Australia only. Winners will be chosen at random from the pool of eligible entries. The odds of winning varies on the number of entrants. Any expense not specifically stated as being included in the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Capable Networks reserves the right to substitute the prize with a similar prize of equal or greater value or with the equivalent cash value. The winner may not transfer or substitute prizes. Federal, state, local and international taxes, charges and incidental costs, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Use of Entries. All entries become the property of Capable Networks and may be featured in future Capable Networks advertising and promotions. By entering this promotion, entrants agree that Capable Networks may use and publish their name and entry in all media and types of advertising and promotion of Capable Networks products and services, and may contact each entrant directly with marketing or other information. Entrants further agree that their submitted statements are expressions of their personal belief and opinion.
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Eligibility. In order to be eligible to win, all participants must be 18 years of age or older, and must be a legal resident of the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, or the 50 United States, including Washington, D.C., excluding residents of Puerto Rico. Capable Networks employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Prize winners deemed ineligible due to residency, age, or other reason at Capable Networks sole discretion will be disqualified, and a new winner will be determined at any time after the promotional period has ended.
- Drawing. This promotion begins on 01/26/2008 and will end on 02/11/2008, or at Capable Network’s sole discretion. All timely entrants will be entered into the contest. A winner will be drawn at random from the pool of all eligible entries.
- Notification. Capable Networks will notify the winner by e-mail and/or U.S. Mail at the address provided no later than thirty (30) days following the selection of the winning entry. Capable Networks is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification due to inactive email accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner's failure to adequately monitor any email account. The winner must then respond to Capable Networks within fourteen (14) days. Should the winner fail to respond to Capable Networks, Capable Networks reserves the right to disqualify that winner and select a new winner.
- Conditions of Participation. All entries become the property of Capable Networks. By submitting an entry for this promotion, you agree to abide by these rules and any decision Capable Networks makes regarding this promotion. Capable Networks reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Capable Networks' reasonable suspicion, tampers with the site, the entry process, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- Disclaimer and Limit of Liability. CAPABLE NETWORKS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CAPABLE NETWORKS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM OR RELATES TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, OR WINNING OR USE OF A PRIZE. CAPABLE NETWORKS RESERVES THE RIGHT , IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES, IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE EVENT ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION AS PLANNED. IN NO EVENT SHALL CAPABLE NETWORKS LIABILITY EXCEED THE CASH VALUE OF THE PRIZE(S) TO BE AWARDED IN THIS PROMOTION.
- Governing Law. This promotion and the rights and obligations of Capable Networks and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of Illinois, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of Illinois, DuPage County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of Illinois and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this promotion.