Voice Recognition

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
VK
VK's picture
Voice Recognition

Is is not possible to develop an external CCT that has voice recognition and transmits IR codes thereby you can then "send" commands to your RS Media via voice activation? Need to learn the IR codes from you remote commander and then re-transmit based on the voice input.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

CCT?

VK
VK's picture

This is the abbreviation for an electronic Circuit.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

I've never come across it before. The robosapien dance machine is as I
understand it capable of handling voice control over the RS Media. I
suppose you could use a voice recognition chip, and have it trigger
appropriate IR pulses. If somewas was really good, they might even be
able to program the RS Media to handle the voice recognition all by
itself (though the noise when his motors move might cause some problems)

VK
VK's picture

What is the Robosapien Dance Machine??

The reason why I thought of voice regconition, is because my friends car has a voice recognition system and it can dial numbers, play CDs etc. So I thought, why can't the RS Media play a track of my choice via voice recognition since it has full media capability. Are there such chips / software out there that I can purchase?

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

Robosapien Dance Machine
is a peice of software for your PC that (along with a USB UIRT or lego
serial IR tower) allows you to control and script wowwee's robots.
I don't have a suitable IR transmitter so I have never used the
software myself, but I believe it has voice recognition. (I've
certainly seen video's of people using voice recognition with it).

I don't beleive the current version has RS Media support yet, but that will undoubtedly be rectified in the future.

Tonic
Tonic's picture

That dance machine is fairly old, I think when i looked at it, it was last updated in 2005. Any idea how to implement it in this current version of RS Media? I just bought mine off of ebay. :)

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

You are mistaken. See near the top of the page I linked.  Somewhere around "(02-28-3006) IMPORTANT!: Robodance version 3 is now in Alpha testing!

The
current version of Robosapien Dance Machine, does not support the RS
Media. That would be because roschler (the guy who wrote and maintains
the software) live in the US, and the RS Media is not yet on sale there.

Tonic
Tonic's picture

Ah well, I was looking at the actual sourceforge page, the one with the software on it. :) http://sourceforge.net/projects/robod... that said "2005-05-02"

However, all that is null and void because he has a subscription list with v3 on it. So i guess I was wrong. :)

bobo.soft
bobo.soft's picture

http://www.robodance.com/ "If you want to get the software now and help Alpha test it, use the subscription box below and I'll send you the download details."

Eric Brandt
Eric Brandt's picture

Just checked out Robodance again... and saw this great video about their upcoming release. Make you want to go spend a lost weekend with a wicked Wii remote: