Downloading Personalities using Software

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
VK
VK's picture
Downloading Personalities using Software

Hi  there, I am having problem with downloading and updating personalities using the media download. I am using Software version 1.2, latest downloaded from the website.

The problem is as follows: I have created my own personalitySmile, and downloaded it to RS Media. I then updated my macro and wanted to update the personality, This is when the wheels fell off. I was getting all sorts of I/O errors from the software and the only way I can upload the changes is if I delete the personality via the PC browsing the drive.

Anyone else having software errors???

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

Not like that. Its possible you might have corrupted his drive (which
is a relatively common complaint). If you just want to update a macro,
you don't need to upload the whole personality, you can just copy the
macro files into one of the macro subfolders under a personality on the
RS Media, making sure its appropriately named. 

VK
VK's picture

How do I check if the drive is corrupted, how do I fix the problem

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

If you have problems adding file, deleting files, files or
directories with odd names, or odd sizes, the drive is probably
corrupt.

There is a thread about it (and about people having issue connecting over USB) here.

I've
also written a script that can be run off the SD card to acheive the
same thing, though you still have to use WowWee's software to restore
the pre-installed personalities. I'm debating extending my script to do
it all, but that would most likely require me to violate WowWee's
copyright (ie distribute their copyrighted materials)

alotta5uk
alotta5uk's picture

I'm having similar problems to the ones mentioned, i can see all my mp3s and such, and i can restore all the personalities, i have the custom personality that i got when i registerd my RSMedia, and in all honestly tried editing it and it pretty much when backwards from there.

I will happily admit that i'm a complete newbie to rs this is the first one i have had, and i'm trying to learn from my mistakes

I'd like to restore to factory settings, or at least erradicate (harsh word i know but it;s been bugging me) thes somewhat corrupt files.

scarabone
scarabone's picture

Does anyone know if you can upgrade the personalities on the Robosapian V2?

Thanks,

Brett 

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

Depends on why you mean by upgrade. You can modify them.

machman
machman's picture

I managed to corrupt a file on the drive yesterday trying to get a personality loaded. I followed the instructions given ( although a couple of error messages did pop up) Eventually the drive was formatted and I restored using the software. Works without fault now, but I am still struggling trying to edit macros and personalities.