Ive always wanted a Dino or a Robot for a pet.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
AgentExeider
AgentExeider's picture
Ive always wanted a Dino or a Robot for a pet.

Ive always wanted a dinosaur for a pet, but then again i also wanted a Robot, guess this works for both..

though i am enjoyng my new found toy/pet.. I was wondering why kind of modifications could be done, maybe in the AI area that i could possibly upgrade making him more intelligent.

I guess im over simplifying it. to create autonomous robot that im thinking of, he would need more then just sound and IR sensors. but be able to understand what i would say would be cool, maybe have a motion sensor. or a kind of spectrograph for a sense of smell..

heres hoping for RoboRaptor 2.0. :D 

Khalid J Hosein
Khalid J Hosein's picture

I like the idea of a smell sensor. However, I hate to be a party-pooper, but olfaction is a pretty complex function that animals have. From the Wikipedia article:

• "Humans have 347 functional odor receptor genes."
  • "the nose can distinguish among hundreds of substances"

I can't imagine getting even a partially functioning 'nose' into one of these bots without the price going through the roof!

Splatterpope
Splatterpope's picture

You can pick up anthrax detectors reasonably cheap these days. Maybe you could limit him to that? It'd certainly make him handy. Just imagine it - "Roboraptor saves the day at local post office."

pokemonsdoom
pokemonsdoom's picture

lol i have one and its sweet

jpg
jpg's picture

1 new roboraptor + 1 unsuspecting cat = record vertical lift off by said cat that was worth the money      cat my not agree