Help me help George

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
mcbiv
mcbiv's picture
Help me help George

I recently received a Rs Media for x-mas, I could not wait to open it so i did. After spending a pretty penny on the all the various batteries needed to operate my new friend and installing them I eagerly awaited him to arise.

anywho,

My RS Media , i\'ve named him george, is sick.  George spoke in a humorous voice..

"system check... the batteries in my feet need CHANGINGING!!!."

The batteries i put in were brand new, and I even went out and purchased a newer set of brand new batteries and installed them.

and then george said,

"system check... the batteries in my feet need CHANGINGING!!!."

What ever shall I do to save my poor little george??

can you help me help george?

please and thank you

Khalid J Hosein
Khalid J Hosein's picture

Hi there - I took a look around in the FAQs on the RS Media website as well as in the manual and didn't see anything appropriate. 

Be sure  to send an e-mail to support@wowwee.com.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

Does he move at all?

Thats a definate problem, returning it may be your only option.

Angie B
Angie B's picture

Helping George!

We too have purchase a RS media - Tweaky! We have installed three sets of new batteries and he still keeps "powering down". After 4 days, three sets of batteries and a email to support we don't have an answer?

There is a customer support number for the UK on 0161 633 9808 - it is closed til 27th December.

Good luck in getting your Robot to stay awake and if we find out how will let you know - similarly if you find out anything please let us know.

mcbiv
mcbiv's picture

George is fixed.

Angie B
Angie B's picture

Any ideas how you fixed him? If so can you let us know

Thanks and Happy Christmas

Thomas
Thomas's picture

Good to see its working, How did you fix it?

mcbiv
mcbiv's picture

Angie B

I sent you a PM through the site, but if it didn't get to you, here is what happened.

So I thought to myself, there's an issue with George's batteries. Cause the batteries are low. So maybe George needs more power.

I thoroughly searched my house for a adapter, which I could not find. Then I called a magician and told him of George. He said, "George, what a curious name for a robot" and I said, "Well he doesn't work, cause he needs batteries." and the physic-magician said, "Are you sure you've installed all the batteries?"

I then searched the manual and George needs 3 D Batteries and 2 AA batteries for EACH foot. I quickly scrambled to find 4 AA batteries and installed them into George's feet. I completely missed the AA battery slots in George's feet. I must have been to excited.

As now of George is operational, although I did find it odd that the system would even turn on without having all batteries installed, as well as a more specific notice that batteries were missing...

Have fun with Tweaky AngiE B!! and a merry holiday to all!!

Angie B
Angie B's picture

Hi Tweaky is all fixed and better!

For anyone else who is struggling - after digging out the packaging from the trash and re-examining the battery installation instructions the AA batteries are shown to be inserted in reverse.

If you take the AA batteries out and swap round you will then have a fully functional RS Media.

Hope you all have fun with RS Media

Angie

machman
machman's picture

Funny, I had the same problem as you all.

The thing would boot up and then shut down. I thought I had bought a faulty one. Two sets of batteries later and a 7 year old on xmas day close to tears, I was not impressed, you can imagine the scene. 

After taking stock and carefully refitting all the batteries and making sure the covers were properly secure on the feet our "ROBEE" it came alive and has lasted surprisingly well on the first set.

It really is a great toy and now I have found out how to turn the BLOODY THING DOWN!! (deep breath) I hope our relationship will blossom.    

Khalid J Hosein
Khalid J Hosein's picture

Got an update from WowWee about this - they've taken note of the feedback and they are going to add a bright red sticker inside each foot of the robot, stating that batteries should be placed there.