turning the rs media

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
biff
biff's picture
turning the rs media

I dont know if this is normal for the RS Media but my rs needs alot of room just to turn ive tried him on different floor surfaces tiled floor, short carpet, long carpet and on concrete outside but he still needs a lot of room to turn and takes ages just to turn right and ends up a metre away from where he started turning from ive even tried taking the little plastic caps off his feet and this still hasnt helped

ps does anyone know any good scources for voice sounds for the terminator as i want to make a terminater personality

cheers

blade
blade's picture

pressing left or right on the multi directional pad in CONTROL mode will make your bot turn on the spot. he will not walk in this mode but turn on the spot hope that helps.

Hunter
Hunter's picture

I must admit when my RS turns on the spot it takes him a while to turn, but i think the RS Media is such a cool bit of kit i can live with the few little problems he has.

Hunter.

biff
biff's picture

thats just it mine will not turn on the spot

Hunter
Hunter's picture

I did read that if you use rechargeable batteries it can effect the way he walks because of the light weight of the batteries, also have you tried new batteries if they are getting low that will effect the way he walks and turns.

Has he always been bad at turns?

Hunter.

Tonic
Tonic's picture

Mine doesnt turn when i press left or right buttons.. He hates carpets aswell. I've notice I can change the type of walk he uses. one work pretty well on Carpet.

biff
biff's picture

Hunter said: I did read that if you use rechargeable batteries it can effect the way he walks because of the light weight of the batteries, also have you tried new batteries if they are getting low that will effect the way he walks and turns. Has he always been bad at turns? Hunter.

yep since the day i bought it when he turns he seems to walk backwards to turn 90 degrees hell end up about a metre away from where he started the turn

and the batteries are normal non rechargable batteries there duracell

Lee
Lee's picture

mine won't walk at all. phoned customer support and they were unable to offer any advice other than he might be from a faulty batch. Anyone got any suggestions as this is the second bot I've had with the same problem.

eagle3d
eagle3d's picture

My RS Media turns real badly on carpet with Duracell batts, it even walks so slow. On tiles it is a little better. I have experimented with ni-mh batts but due to the weight he will fall over unless you space up his outer feet buttons by 2mm. He walks great & turns well but is still a little top heavy when the batts are freshly charged. When he sits he stays on his back & lifts his feet in the air & also cannot stand up without some assistance holding his feet down. I have some 10000mah ni-mh batts coming which I hope will be the same weight as the Duracell units so he will be able to sit & stand again but the walking & turning might suffer.