AC Adaptor for £12.99

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
machman
machman's picture
AC Adaptor for £12.99

Went to Maplins today and picked up a PSU for the RSM. Its got UK-US Euro and Aussie plug adaptors and runs at the correct Amps for the RSM.

Here is the link

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Home.aspx?C=G...

The Maplins order code is L48BQ type this into the search box

robsmith
robsmith's picture

the Maplin website says that the 7.5v output for this adapter is 3600MA but the RS manual says it wants 3100MA at 7.5v - is it OK to use or will this diference damage it?

machman
machman's picture

Hi robsmith, according to the chap at Maplins it will be fine. I took the user manual with me and he advised me from that. I have been using it without any problems, but maybe someone on here with a little more knowledge could explain in more depth what the .4 amps difference would effect if anything.

regards

CABBAGES
CABBAGES's picture

I Was at maplins today but they had sold out of that adaptor :(. Only one they had that would do was a 5000ma one that cost £30 odd but thats too expensive i think. The £12.99 one will be fine, all the 3600ma means is it can take a load of upto 3600ma.

blade
blade's picture

if you get a multi adapter you can set it yourself.....you can get them from pc world currys comet and argos do them. cost is around £10-£15.