About RS media veering to the right?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stalvros
Stalvros's picture
About RS media veering to the right?

I've watched this

http://www.robocommunity.com/article/...

and also looked at the
comments made

This 'paladin' guy stated
Also regarding RS Media veering of to the right, I've noticed that my RS Media displays the same trait. However RS Media have three gaits when walking and I've noticed that experimenting with the various walking gates one can actually get it to walk straight.

What I want to ask is the gaits
What do you mean by them?
Also, what exactly should I be doing so that rs media can walk straight?

Artanor
Artanor's picture

The gait is the different types of motion used to walk, RS Media has three and they can be changed whilst hes walking by using the appropriate button on the remote (I think its the Select button but not sure).

Mine turned to the right regardless of gait so I returned him and got a refund.  I am gonne wait for the US release model before re-purchasing in the hope they have fixed this problem.

Stalvros
Stalvros's picture

weird

i thought there's a way to fix this problem 

Artanor
Artanor's picture

Sometimes there is a way to fix it by changing the foot pads around or adding too the pads on one side. You may find however that after getting walking forwards in a straight line working he will now not walk in a straight line backwards. If that happens then I would be complaining about it being faulty.

Stalvros
Stalvros's picture

Yeah, lots of people were telling me

to swap the footpads, i might just try that~

Ummm, so i guess its a defect system with the walking?
But can i just make it turn and then walk forward again?

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

This continuosly talk about not walking straight it's only because of the plastic "buttons" on the walking side of the foot pad because the friction coefficient is too small  and the robot walks only in hard and smooth surfaces.

so that "crap" abouth going straight is not soo true and thinking that the robot more advanced than RS Media are going not so straight and fall dawn from stairs ( like ASIMO from HONDA) I think this fact can be forgivable. :)  

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

It has been shown that the position of the right wrist can also cause the RS Media to veer.  If you look at the position of his hands when he walks, you will notice the right wrist is rotated outward slightly more than the left. Manually rotating the hand inwards has temporarily corrected the veer in some cases.

Stalvros
Stalvros's picture

manually rotating the hand huh
but will it stay that way or do i
have to keep rotating it

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

...nice "discovery" that hand position ... :) huh I thought it a little problem with my robot only ... :P)

Stalvros
Stalvros's picture

weird though

Lots of people say that changing the gaits doesnt help
but it helps me pretty good actually

I dont know to which gait i changed it to
but it seems to walk straight now

The only thing i dont like is that everytime
i restarted the robot, i have to change the gait again