Lie/sit/get up problem

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
robomario
robomario's picture
Lie/sit/get up problem

Hi to all

I've just took Rs media.I put him new Toshiba alkaline batteries.When I put him to perform lie/sit/get up program he lies normal but he can't sit and get up.He tries but the sound of motors is weak and then he stopped without finishing the program.What to do? To put other battery firm?Please help

Sarita
Sarita's picture

Does your Toshiba batteries work better with your V2 ? If they do, then maybe problem is in Media.

robomario
robomario's picture

The same batteries works fine on V2 rs media maybe drains them faster

BigKid
BigKid's picture

I had similar issues. I believe the RSMedia has unrealistic battery requirements. Many off the shelf batteries will not cut it with the product. Higher quality/more expensive alkalines work but don't last long. If your looking at rechargables be prepared to shell out considerable amount of money - they need to be Nicad, 5000+mAH (industrial) and at least as heavy as the good quality alkalines

Sarita
Sarita's picture

Minamoto (7000 and 8000mah) rechargeable batteries are heavy.

RobosapienRevolution
RobosapienRevolution's picture

I know yours is a rs media but...

Was it simalar to this? ( V2 on the left ) Try looking on the battery compartment lid to see the exact type it says because that it what is the best suitable. My v2 had the same problem so i looked for those exact batteries. There will be a number code on the lid. See what happened when i put the ones that it said ( right ).

RobosapienRevolution

Sorry the videos had an error here are the real ones:

BigKid
BigKid's picture

What batteries are you running in the right one. Mine (RSMedia) is not as bad as left but not as good as right one. Some off the shelf batteries I bought lasted only long enough for him to lie down and get up a couple of times (and it was a struggle). Also tried some 4500 rechargeable niMH but they were too light, now using Sanyo 4500 NiCADs which work OK but not as good as yours on the right. Only 7000-8000 ones here are very expensive (more than robot) to buy.

Billboard
Billboard's picture

I had the RS Media since the beggining of December and I have figured out that since the robot has all the extra features on its chest, it can get hard for the motors to get the heavy thing up.

It could be the batteries. Off brand batteries seem to slow the robot down where it has trouble doing all the extra stuff. Energizer of what all I have tried, works the best by far.

RobosapienRevolution

Yes, rechargables are expensive but i personaly choose regular batteries that are stated or the battery compartment. I bought panasonic ones that were 12 $ CAN and they werent the right type so i bought the stated ones for 15 $ CAN ( Duracells ) ( same as what was used on the right ). I think they should be included and cant be tooken out but have an Adapter to recharge every night.

Simon
Simon's picture

I have just aquired an RS Media and have the same problems with the motors. When batteries are new its fine but within a few hours it starts to weaken. If i use re-chargables can they be charged inside the robot? if so i can save alot of money.

robomario
robomario's picture

No you can't.The power adaptor socket on the rs media is only for use it when you programming him

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

I've posted some information from my experience , about batteries in this thread.

Eastercla
Eastercla's picture
Hey guys.  I just got these new rechargable battaries  and the brand is JUICE.  I was amazed after putting them in.  Robosapien v2 move so much faster and is stronger running on these battaries.  Plus, I noticed he does not become sluggish after paying with him for an hour like he does on reagular battaries.l  If you want a good brand JUICE is deffinately it.  Robosapien is stronger, moves a lot faster, can get up after lying down like it is nothing and he goes on carpet a whole lot better.  The only problem is that tose battaris a $17 for two of them but boy are they worth it.  The other cool thing is that they last longer than other battaries.  Click this link to go to there site.  http://www.juicebattery.com/..  Who knows, if they are so great in the v2 then maybe they will be good for the rs media.  I don't have a media so I would not know.