Does anyone know how to delete a custom personality in the RS Media?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Billboard
Billboard's picture
Does anyone know how to delete a custom personality in the RS Media?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to delete a custom personality in the RS Media. The manual doesnt give that much info about it and the little extra internet page on the link help doesnt tell a lot either. Does anyone know how to?

I didnt mean to put it there. I was playing I mean working with the personality editer and it made two of the same personalities which I dont need at all. I dont have the chip for it so it is using up almost all my space.

Will someone clear this up for me please? Thank you

RobosapienRevolution
RobosapienRevolution's picture

I dont have one but you can try to overwite some of the files. OR When you plug in the usb into your computer, click my computer and double click the new drive that shows up. Explore those files untill you find the personalities and delete the ones you dont want.

Billboard
Billboard's picture

Didnt work. Do you know anyone that could help me?

Sunbeamowner
Sunbeamowner's picture

I had a similar situation with a double up of the default personality. All I did was connect the robot to your computer , enter the Media suite, highlight the personality you do not want in the robot section and press the Delete key on your keyboard. Hey presto deleted. 

Billboard
Billboard's picture

OMG, thats so........................ simple! Why didnt I think of that!?

RobosapienRevolution
RobosapienRevolution's picture

Lol, or that... they do the same thing. Hey bilboard tell me more about when you said didn't work, that only works for Windows... When you click my computer and you have to click the new drive that shows up when you plug in the RS MEDIA, then search through the files untill you find the personalities folder.. The Media suite is a easier way but, that way also should work..... Try it again and look for a personalities folder. If it is not there look around in the other files because it may be in there. Tell me if it works. Thanks.

All the best, Fahad

angelo
angelo's picture

well if you have it on an sd card then its as easy as deleting it from the combuter even hook him up to 1 a do it

ps this might not work but from the knowledge i have from the media i pretty sure it will work

Dradts
Dradts's picture

In my opinion, deleting the personalities using the Explorer is a lot better than deleting them using the Media Suite, as the Media Suite takes like forever to delete just one simple personality...

ultrahome
ultrahome's picture

This is by no means as easy as those that did not try it theorize! Trying to delete custom personality from RSM using Suite in my case proved much more problematic than doing it from Windows Explorer. Doing it from the Suite leaves corrupted residue that can not be deleted latter even from Windows Explorer ("Error deleting File or Folder: Cannot read from the source file or disk."). It does not waist much disk space, but increases number of personalities one needs to toggle through in order to get to the one he wants when using RSM.