Changes implemented in RS Media Editing Suite Beta 2.1.3

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Michelle C
Michelle C's picture

Hey hey hey,

As a surprise late April gift to you all, we are releasing a Beta 2.1.3 for you all to play with... surprise!

Please continue to post any bugs on this forum.

Have fun!

-Michelle

----

1. Paths of images in a Personality file when uploading a Personality file from the computer to RS Media has been updated.
  2. Personality file icon now displays correctly in the interface, after having uploaded a Personality file from the computer to RS Media.
  3. Deleting a Personality file from RS Media now works properly.
  4. Errors resolved in the application when nothing was selected after when a Personality file being uploaded to RS Media.
  5. Personality file icon now displays properly in the Media Organizer (if one is used in the Personality).
  6. Error resolved when playing a BodyCon after playback of an audio file in the BodyCon editor.
  7. Error resolved when saving a macro and changing the file name of macros in the Macro editor.
  8. Error resolved in the Macro editor with using a BodyCon building block consecutively after a Take Photo building block.

RobosapienRevolution
RobosapienRevolution's picture

Im glad those Errors are done with!

RoboTech
RoboTech's picture

Thanks for that but where do I download the Beta software?

ChrisToby
ChrisToby's picture

Dear All,

how do i upload this beta... I face serious problems with the official version (Application error), so i want to try the beta one ...

TX 

MaxWowWee
MaxWowWee's picture
thcrw739
thcrw739's picture

Hey ,

When i use version 2.1.3 i get alot of errors or freezes of the software and have to ctrl ,alt, delete and shut it down and reopen it happens mostly when im trying to delete a file off the robot, but has happend at random as well...

I have everything up to date direct x etc, also when i installed 2.1.3 it didnot uninstall my previous version, i had to do that manually...

could the dowload possibly be currupt , or?

Thanks

Michelle C
Michelle C's picture

Hey thcrw739 -- have you installed previous versions before? What are your system specifications (i.e. DirectX version, RAM, HD space, etc) and what would you do that would cause the application to freeze? Anything specific?

thcrw739
thcrw739's picture

Hi Michelle,

My system specs are as follows,

Pentium 4 3gz w/ht, 2.5 gigs of ram,80gb HD, bfg GEforce 6600oc 512mb PCIe GC, Windows XP Media center 2005, direct x version 9.0c..

It just seems to do it at random sometimes, but mostly when say im trying to tranfer a file or delete a file of the sd card or robot...

Meaning rather a whole personality file or a single mp3, etc

for instance being on the personality tab, clicking on the robot side on a personality, hiting the delte button , it will freeze up all of a sudden.. and i'll have to manually shut the program down from task manger wich alerts me the program is not responding.... this happens more times than not..but not everytime..

Steve

thcrw739
thcrw739's picture

Forgot to mention, im not sure what version number it is but i did install the version that came on the disk with the RSM, Not sure if that had been updated....

This is one of the RSM's that the wowwee store is selling with the java sdk, just got him delivered yesterday

I also noiticed after say i transfer a personality to the rsm it & then i try to do another one it wants to freeze or stop operating properly as well...

Michelle C
Michelle C's picture

Hey thcrw739...

Try these solutions:

1. Format the robot / SD card (if one is used) to see if your error is caused by corrupted files on the disk -- you should make sure you read up on the instructions on how to format the robot before doing this (http://www.wowweesupport.com/faq.php?item=rsmedia#topic_robot).
  2. Try testing your software and robot on the Windows XP rather than Windows XP Media Centre 2005.
  3. Try transfering a small amount of data and see if the problem persists.
  4. Try to determine if there’s any particular file causing this problem -- if you think it's that same personality file, then there might be a corrupt file in that personality.

Good luck and keep us posted.

thcrw739
thcrw739's picture

Michelle C (WowWee) said:

Hey thcrw739...

Try these solutions:

1. Format the robot / SD card (if one is used) to see if your error is caused by corrupted files on the disk -- you should make sure you read up on the instructions on how to format the robot before doing this (http://www.wowweesupport.com/faq.php?item=rsmedia#topic_robot).
  2. Try testing your software and robot on the Windows XP rather than Windows XP Media Centre 2005.
  3. Try transfering a small amount of data and see if the problem persists.
  4. Try to determine if there’s any particular file causing this problem -- if you think it's that same personality file, then there might be a corrupt file in that personality.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I can try your diffrent suggestions, but as for the media center 2005 comment, all this it is an extention built on to windows xp pro,  so this doesnt have anything to do with the os version...

RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture

thcrw739, For what it's worth you are right about media center 2005, This has no effect on what you are trying to do. As you say it's just an extension of the OS.

thcrw739
thcrw739's picture

No matter what i do rather format this or that, load any version it still errors out...

I have a feeling it has somthing to do with the usb ..

atleast the problem  that i noticed is i have to start the program first then plug in the usb into the pc or it gets stuck on the loading part when you first start the the program..........

then as soon as i pull the usb out, it finishes loading...wich is wierd, ive tried all my ports every usb port does the same thing...

also if i pull the usb out sometimes the program will error out & sometimes i have to reboot the robot too as he freezes

None the less it still errors out for no reason, but atleast somthing in a reinstall lets me get further than i was before, tansfers are not that bad , its more of when im trying to save somthing im working on or create somthing etc...

None the less i dont get it......

pip
pip's picture

I am having trouble with media suite 2.1.3. The text is black on a black background. Anyone know a cure?

EvilWizardGlick
EvilWizardGlick's picture

Pip change the desktop background. I had the same problem. I wound up using one of the classics. Although you could just edit the background and choose a different color.