Using the RS media as SD card reader

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
DrSoong
DrSoong's picture
Using the RS media as SD card reader

Hi there,

from what I read in the forum, the robot is supposed to work as an SD card reader when connected via USB, but whether or not it work depends on the actual SD card. Mine doesn't seem to be detected by the PC, though it works fine for the robot.  Is that possible?

Or does the manual actually mean "works as a CD card reader in conjunction with the Editing Suite"?

Cheers

Dr. Soong

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

Some people have trouble accessing the RS Media over USB, sometimes it requires a powered hub between the PC and the RS Media. You have to boot the RS Media with the SD card inserted, and then enter USB mode, before it becomes visible to the PC.

Personally, I find much simpler just to plug the SD card into my pc. 

DrSoong
DrSoong's picture

My PC does see the removable media drive, but doesn't seem to detect the SD card in it. It always tells me to insert a card. But I do have to enter USB mode for it to work?

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

Yes the RS Media has to be in USB Mode for it to work.

DrSoong
DrSoong's picture

Ok. Thanks, works now. Though I'm not sure if it's really more convenient that using an external card reader. I had hoped there would be a means to deploy the MIDlet to the robot automatically, by adding a simple copy command to the build script.

C.J
C.J's picture

By USB mode you mean control mode? because I have the same issue and I can not get it to read SD card!

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

No I mean USB Mode. You have to go into media mode, and in the options menu is an option to activate USB mode.

C.J
C.J's picture

Thanks, fo quick response, it is working now.