Problems with power

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
eoinhartwieg
eoinhartwieg's picture
Problems with power

I got my real dragonfly dragonfly about a week ago and i've been having great fun with it until recently, basicly whats happening is the wings are flapping at about half speed even after a full charge and also the battery goes dead a lot quicker, i've gone through 2 sets of batteries and have only used all the same make and condition,

anyone know what's going on with my dragonfly?

thanks 

Eastercla
Eastercla's picture

Might be that you got a dragonfly with a bad rechargable battary in it.

eoinhartwieg
eoinhartwieg's picture

yeah that's probably it. i put the battery, which i got with the fake dragonfly i mistakenly bought, in it's place and it's performing much better now.

cheers 

Eastercla
Eastercla's picture

Good.  All thouhg, I am surprised that the battary from the fake  is better.  Seeing as how the fake barely flew and people who produce fakes usualy use cheap materials

demisemiquaver
demisemiquaver's picture

Lipo batteries do go bad after a time and will have to eventually be replaced. So no matter how well you fly your dragonfly or treat it, eventually it's going to stop working because the battery will just die. period. This is normal. What is abnormal is that they don't make it easy and quick to replace the Lipo battery when this happens...the "toy" issue again. Also note that there is a very serious omission from the Dragonfly Manual.. IT does not say that you should let the lipo battery cool down between flights, before recharging..yet this is absolutely necessary for any lipo battery and is the potential cause of many premature battery failures among DF owners. This is actually so important I might give it it's own tread if one does not exist already.