Cute robot dog from Tiger Electronics.

110 posts / 0 new
Last post
RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture

Blabbermouth, You must be tired to make a statment in your above post, ["Quote" But most of the Wow Wee Stuff doesn't even have sensors.] Don't you mean most do?? ALL of the WowWee products that I have ALL have sensors, So what have you been buying!!. And to call our admin Peter Fuhrer is uncalled for. Apologies NOT accepted.

milw
milw's picture

Post in question deleted by milw the moderator.

milw
milw's picture

Anyway, our friend is referring to 'sensors' only in the narrowest sense of 'capacitative touch sensors'. Which are used in Robopanda to a much greater extent than in Mio. (head, belly, back, L & R hands, L &R feet on Panda vs back, top of head and chin in Mio).

blabbermouth
blabbermouth's picture

I should of specified touch sensors, the things that would make an animal realistic.  Robopet thier is no point in actually petting because its software would never know it.  As for peter, i just get confused when I see censorship, oh i mean deletions.  Don't let him fool you, another word for policies is rules. 

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

Another word for rules is laws, guess what happens when you break those. All communities and societies have rules, and deal with people who break them.  You might find familiarizing yourself with the rules of this community helpful, I also point out that in accepting the terms of use for this site, you agreed to be legally bound by them.

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Exactly Nocturnal.

milw
milw's picture

I find that both Mio and Robopanda, which were intended to be held and touched, are not particularly nice to hold. Nowhere near as nice as a snuggly cat for instance. I think, if you want a bot that is 'snuggly', it should sense when it is being held, and be able to adapt its shape to the human's arms/lap. That means more joints in the legs and neck, for starters. Making it tactiley pleasing to touch would go a long way as well, but I don't think the capacitive touch sensors work through fur (?). Has anyone tried to hold a Pleo on their lap?

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Welcome to the group, Blabbermouth.  Play nice, and you'll have a fine time, here.

I guess I'm not too concerned about how "realistic" the petting experience associated with my hard plastic robotic pet is.

If I wanted a pet, I'd get a pet. The living, furry kind, I mean.

Anything you can turn off when you're tired of it, is lacking some of the key relationship dynamics of a real pet. 

I'm more interested in a robot that happens to have some complex interactions with its environment. 

As for rules, post deletions, and confusion, I can see you must be confused, Blabbermouth. I can see that based on your stated factual errors and seemingly forced misinterpretations of the community terms of use.

There was another member here not too long ago that had a hard time understanding the basics, too.

Let's see if I can remember that name.... blabbb,....blahber....blahblah....That's it! Blahblahblah-something or other.  That member arrived in this thread very confused, too.

In a bit of coincidence, that member also seemed more interested in talking about perceived censorship and dissatisfaction with the community rules, than in actually talking about robots. 

Now, who wants to talk about robots in a positive and encouraging way? 

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Hurray,Back on track. Robots.

milw
milw's picture

RobosapienV2-4mem8 said: Hurray,Back on track. Robots.

Yes, Mio... another thing about Mio, they covered all of the screws with plastic plugs that fit really tightly. I don't want to mess up the plastic by prying with a knife blade, but don't have any other great idea for how to remove them. I suppose I could drill a small hole in the center and thread it, then use a bolt as a handle, or just a small screw. Any suggestions?

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Why do we listen to this rubbish or should I say respond to it. This person I guess has nothing good to bring to this community only to get us off track and ruffle our feathers about WowWee products which he/she has no idea of what they do or even own one to make such statements. Please do the research and if you don't like the products why are you still in our community? This will be the last time I respond to this person.

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Likewise.

blabbermouth
blabbermouth's picture

Clicking that you agree to the terms is the same thing as a signature.  I blow off signatures all the time unless it is something i determine is right to be obligated to.  So many people put importance on signatures.  A robot cannot have complex interactions of its enviroment if it can't sense it's enviroment and tactile is the sense that every human more or less uses.  And I don't think Wow Wee is that bad.  For that matter I just picked up a Pleo by Wow Wee and you forget that is hard plastic by the way they cover up its machinery, but buyer beware and use baby powder on its skin because it does ware down.  But with a product like Pleo I can say Wow Wee is well on its way to becoming a fine company.  I might remember that blablablabla guy or whatever.  Wow, what a jerk  he was.  I hate non comformist in general.  And of all the places to be a non comformist is in a robot community?  The guy should of known to act like a robot himself!  But outside of pleo Wow Wee has not put out much in the way of products and yes I like to lose myself in the illusion.   I want a toy, not some fact finding mission.  I don't go to the movies and see what the audience reaction is either, i get into the illusion.   And of coarse, it is obviously cruel to own a real pet seeing as you are keeping an animal in captivity.  And what is really disquesting people buy pets when others need to be adopted or they are put to sleep.  Anyways, the best products by wow wee are Pleo and I Cybie.  By the way, does anyone own an I Cybie?  If someone does is it worth the money?  Since robopet I have been having bad luck with robots, but I hear I Cybie is a great Wow Wee Product.  When you think about Wow Wee producing the pleo series i can hardly ever critisize Wow Wee.  Wow wee, you go become!!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

the I Cybie is too small for my liking but it has alot of controls, and should be fun to play with but It will have to come under 100.00 before I get it.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I-Cybie and Pleo are not WowWee products.

Moderator Mutterings

Your decision to blow off signatures doesn't mean you are exempt from the terms associated with what you signed. It certainly doesn't mean that the service providers have to ignore your failure to follow the terms. The rules here are pretty simple. Follow them, or you don't get to continue contributing.

blabbermouth
blabbermouth's picture

Ohhhh, I Cybie and Pleo are not Wow Wee products.  That explains allot.  Thanks for the clarification.  GW, if i-cybie came any bigger he would be a horse.  They are inexpensive now, but you have to bid for them on e-bay now as they are no longer in production.  You might be mixing up I Cybie wish Robopet.  But I think I Cybie has like 14 engines and while it comes with a remote it does not require a remote.  And you can get a robpet for as little as 30 dollars now if you find the right web site.  I think robopet is wow wee and it is one of thier better products so you should get the robopet as well as I Cybie.  Lets say that robopet has a sense of humor.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Robo BG, I deleted your comment since it was inflammatory and disrespectful to another user.

You can repost your comment, minus the inappropriate flaming.

Pete 

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Was that really necessary? I didn't actually throw an insult.

I was only stating my opinion.  I hate Pleo.

In facts  I have to say the reason I hate him is that he is painfully slow and like Lepy said does not fulfill the roll that I call a robot.  It's a poor imitation of a dinosaur making it fake.  Roboquad is an imitation of a robot and it is a robot so it is not.

Are you going to delete this one too? 

lyle42000
lyle42000's picture

My kids are really fond of the Zoomer Interactive Puppy and regard it to be one of the best robot dog among others at present. The reasons of choosing this one is that I count it to be a great toy for kids although majority of us (the kids in particular) love to own a live pet at home and most importantly, owning a live pet is a vast responsibility which is required to be learned at a young age.I’d earnestly appreciate if you could kindly please share your thoughts. :)

Pages