Alert - Serious Omission from the Flytech Dragonfly Manual

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
demisemiquaver
demisemiquaver's picture
Alert - Serious Omission from the Flytech Dragonfly Manual

I posted this as part of another thread but felt it deserved its' own thread considering how potentially dangerous this could be. ------------- The Manual for the Flytech Dragonfly does not state, anywhere, to let the battery (lipo) cool down before recharging. --------------- Unless these toys have some super special kind of Lipo that even experts I have talked too don't know about, then somebody should be warning people about this. I would hate to think that dragonfly's are going up in flames all over America and the rest of the World. ----------- I suppose it's possible that they have since added this information in their latest productions runs...however this is a warning for those of you that have Dragonfly's but were unaware that you must let Lipo batteries cool-down between flights for at least 15-20 minutes before recharging.

skyotter
skyotter's picture

i agree -- that SHOULD be in the manual

Disco 7
Disco 7's picture

Just opened up the dragon fly my son got being very care full not to cut the wings. Would you believe the box only had the dragon fly and remote/antenna. No where to be found was the extra parts and instruction??? Guess they solved that problem!!! I was researching the instructions and came upon this warning. Cool!!! Thanks greatly... Live long and prosper...

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I can say that I have repeatedly flown and recharged, and reflown my Dragonfly without difficulty.

I have never heard of any issues, on RoboCommunity or anyplace else, with the Dragonfly overheating.

As for a manual, it's available online.

http://www.wowwee.com/static/support/flytech-dragonfly/manuals/Dragonfly...

I have also purchased replacement wings at the local RadioShack. I don't see them on their website, but you may find them hanging on the hooks at the stores.