Where are those Personalities ?!?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
FREEEK
FREEEK's picture
Where are those Personalities ?!?

Some of us (who participated to the Beta Suite Test) know that some of the Beta Versions of the "RS Media Suite" (one is the v2.0.5 - I have all intermediate versions 'till this final) had the Billy Joe , RS Media , Service Bot 3000 and Space Bot in 2 versions each; I mean the orriginal version and a NEW one. I have all experienced but why aren't they put on the Personalities section on this site ?!?

Do not ROBOCOMMUNITY have those or Wow Wee do not want those to be public? I wonder if the newer robots (SDK or not) have those versions of Personalities included. If robocommunity want those Personalities I can Send it to you to make those public. Wink

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

I can not believe nobody is interested ... Surprised

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Waiting two days for a response is not a terribly long time. Especially if that two days is a weekend.

Of all the people who visit RocoCommunity, only a fraction own an RSMedia. Of that fraction, a fraction of that is interested in programming it for a new personality. Of that fractional fraction, another sub-slice might have been involved in the beta-test program and be familiar with what you're asking about.

Personally, I don't have an RSMedia. I'm a RoboSapien V2 and RoboRaptor owner.  

It would be interesting to know, from a community point of view, what the percentages of RoboSapien, RoboSapien V2, RoboPet, RS Media, RoboQuad, etcetera owners we have.

milw
milw's picture

FREEEK, just how different are the two versions? have you tried packaging them and sending in to Personality Submissions? Otherwise try PMing to Jeff Block, we can have him check with WowWee and confirm if its OK to post them.

MrScott, how would we best collect that info? (I'm curious too, maybe we can set up a poll?)

cheers- Scott 

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Not to derail this thread too severely, I'd expect a poll wouldn't work that well, as I'm sure that several community members have more than one robot that would be in the list.  You want check boxes, not radio buttons. The 'ol "check all that apply" mantra.

It would be more of a survey than a poll. Not sure the community software has something to support that right off the top. 

milw
milw's picture

Some of us might even have more than one, so might have to be a text box with numeric input validation!Surprised

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

I've just sent the Personalities to the Robocommunity. (hope to see those on the site soon).

About the questions , milw, yes they are different (not the same voice) and the words are different too... I would say it's a must have! Try it out  ... Wink

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

I saw that the Personalities Section was updated but those personalities I've talked about did not appear there so I've decided to put myself those to be public on a website (because I sent those to robocommunity but they do not apear).

I hope soon to be integrated in Robocommunity's webpage !