Weird Home Guard issue

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Edward
Edward's picture
Weird Home Guard issue

Hello. This is my first post guys.

I own my RS Media for about two weeks now but I haven't powered it on for like a week. Yesterday I turned it on and proceeded to set home guard to watch my office for a while.

A strange behaviour occurred. After entering the guard mode (screen shows a house icon), RS Media said: "visual playback" (or something like that) and attempted to pick up anything with its right arm twice. (twice because there was nothing he could grab).

Then... as it wasnt weird enough, RS Media started to interact with Robopet. Thats cute... except that I dont have a robopet or anything else powered on next to it.

Needless to say... guard mode is worthless if my RS Media wants to fool around picking up invisible objects and pretend he is talking to Robopet. LOL

When I cancel guard mode, RS Media says he was disturbed. DUH!

Guard mode became uneffective as RS Media needed to be quiet in order to notice sounds and/or movements and react to them... which mine can't anymore since it won't shutup! LOL

(Guard mode worked fine last time I used a week ago).

A full reset (holding stop down) didn't do it. Still having the same issue.

Help? Suggestions? Please?

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

I suggest you read the manual, in particular, the section on clearing his program memory, specifically, his vision program.

What you have described sounds like you have stored a program in his vision memory slot, and when you put him in guard mode, something tripped his vision sensor, he then proceded to execute the program stored in his memory (Hence the "Visual Playback" bit). When you exited guard mode, he told you he had been disturbed because while he was in guard mode, something enter his "vision". 

Edward
Edward's picture

Ah... I will read the clearing program session this afternoon and excercise its recommendations.

Thank you 

Edward
Edward's picture

Hello again. I wanted to let you know Nocturnal was right on the money. I cleared both vision and audio programs that were affecting the guard mode. LEFT+X Vision Mode LEFT+Z Clear program LEFT+C Audio Mode LEFT+Z Clear program Brilliant! Ed

milw
milw's picture

That's good news, & thanks again to Nocturnal! Welcome to the community too, Edward- enjoy!

cheers- Scott 

Edward
Edward's picture

Appreciate it Mr. Moderator Sir Mr!

Bostonspike
Bostonspike's picture

hello all, just to move on from this as im new to the RS media, i have done the above and both vision and sound memories are clear.

When i put my bot into guard mode, he just continuously alarms.

i cant seem to get that sorted.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

Which sensor is being tripped?

Bostonspike
Bostonspike's picture

havent got that far into the bot yet, how do you distinguish which one it is?

MrScott
MrScott's picture

One way to differentiate the two sensors would be to program a sensor specific behavior. For example, set the vision response program to raise and lower an arm. You've already accessed the programs to clear them. Use the same access procedure to open them to set the programs.

After the vision program is set, put the robot in guard mode.

If the arm keeps raising and lowering, the vision sensor is triggering.

If the default guard behavior is ocurring, it's the audio sensor.