Suggested SD cards?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Edward
Edward's picture
Suggested SD cards?

Any suggested SD card brand and size for the RS Media?

Can I just get a 2.0GB card? Should it be formated in any special way?

Cheers!

Ed 

Edward
Edward's picture

The manual suggests 1GB SD cards. Anyone using a 2GB card?

milw
milw's picture

I have both a 1 and a 2 gig, haven't noticed any differences with respect to RSM. I don't think it matters. Formatting- I think FAT32, not NTFS but I'll have to refresh my memory when I get back home (no pun intended! ;)

-Scott

Note- I take that back, I tried to run Nocturnals script from a 2 gig Lexar 'Premium 60x' and it didn't work, so then I tried on my 1 gig SanDisk, and it did work fine. 

MrScott
MrScott's picture

As an aside, I read the following in another forum group today.

My local Circuit City had the Sandisk SD Card II PLus 1GB cards

on sale for$19.99 tonight through Saturday!

These are the cards that look like SD cards but fold in half to reveal a USB connector.

Basically means you don't need  cables to transfer your camera's contents       
 to a PC- you just plug in the SD  card like it's a flash drive.       
 In a strange twist, the 512Mb cards are on sale too.       
 For $18.66 you can get  one. Yep, $1.33 less,       
 but with half the storage capacity. 

Edward
Edward's picture

Thanks guys.

I went ahead and got me a 1GB card from newegg (US$14.00 incl.shipping).

Should arrive next week. I'm really excited with that because I have been working on a "personality" for my rsmedia and its been just a lot of work because I'm generating voices to replace all default ones.

I noticed some personalities available for download use some "default" voices so they are not all the same voice making my robot sound like its posseced by dual personality LOL.

I will be using a synthesized robotic voice like "Colossus" and a few DTMF sound effects to add a sense of "processing data" on some functions.

OK Im way off topic now. Later.

Cheers!

Ed