Counterfeit Dragonfly Brands

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Geo
Geo's picture
Counterfeit Dragonfly Brands

I found a new one at the mall in Bellevill IL the other day. I took a couple pictures of the packaging with my cell phone. I'll add them later.

I plan to construct a library (With some help from you guys!) of all the known counterfeit, generic, and knock off DF brands here.

I remember Flytaste and Supertech... I guess we can add Flyangel to the list, too.

milw
milw's picture

Interesting, I thought the counterfeiters had given up... guess I'm naive!

Eastercla
Eastercla's picture

I read an article about counterfeit products.  It said that there is acualy a demand for them.  And as long as there is a demand for them people will continue to cash in on it and supply.  It said that the demand is driven by people wanting the same thing but cheaper.  the fact that they know they are getting fakes is what is funny.

Geo
Geo's picture

Here are the FlyAngel images from my cellphone.

Rudolph
Rudolph's picture

The FlyAngel looks a lot like the real Dragonfly. Almost exactly even. I'm used to knockoffs looking cheaper, cheesier, slightly different design somewhere. The Robone, for example, is obviously a knockoff of the RSv1, but is very different in appearance.

Has anyone compared the innards of both? I'd be curious if the parts were similar as well. That could mean that Wowwee's manufacturer is selling them to other companies too (or buying them even). Like Ford and Mazda, Honda and Isuzu, etc...

milw
milw's picture

I'm curious what price they're asking... I hope we don't see a lot of unhappy customers though!

The wing pattern is different from my Dragonfly, it is pretty subtle though. I sure hope WowWee goes after them!

-Scott 

Eastercla
Eastercla's picture

I hope that all these fakes don't eliminate any future wow wee robot owners because customers can't buy a robot with out a 50% chance of getting a knock-off

Geo
Geo's picture

I can't remember the price exactly... It was really cheap though... I think around 17 USD... Which means the innards are probably really cheap.

Jeff Block
Jeff Block's picture

Hi, everybody...

This is a new spinoff, I think.  I haven't seen this one before.

Also, Geo...

I embedded the images to which you were linking.  Make sure you use the image embed in the future so everyone can see your links (this platform doesn't support the [IMG] BBcode you were using)...

Geo
Geo's picture

Aye aye, Jeff!