Cylon personality

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Michael Walsh
Michael Walsh's picture
Cylon personality

I have made a Cylon personality (voice only). Using vista and I can only work with the first version of the RS media software. If you want a copy, you can send me an email  and I will send you a copy. Let me know what you think, and  I welcome any suggestions. I am working on body cons and macros but Vista is givimg me nothing but headaches.

Thanks Mike

Bostonspike
Bostonspike's picture

has anyone downloaded this yet??

newnhamrs4
newnhamrs4's picture

im about, i will let you no how it goes

newnhamrs4
newnhamrs4's picture

i have had a quick look, and it looks realy good. when i get five i will install it.

newnhamrs4
newnhamrs4's picture

just installed it guys, it runs well. I hope the member wont mind me saying, some of the files are a bit quiet. Apart from that its realy good,just one more point. How did you get the voice for certain things, ie the karate chop, im sure you didnt find a file on the net, as cylons dont karate chop.

im interested as im making a personality, and could do with knowing.

Michael Walsh
Michael Walsh's picture

newnhamrs4 said: just installed it guys, it runs well. I hope the member wont mind me saying, some of the files are a bit quiet. Apart from that its realy good,just one more point. How did you get the voice for certain things, ie the karate chop, im sure you didnt find a file on the net, as cylons dont karate chop. im interested as im making a personality, and could do with knowing.

Well your right, trying to find a Cylon voice on the net was impossible. I remembered many a year ago when I had a commadore 64 it used a text to voice software. Well after searching the web I found 2nd speech center. This alows for a consistant non emotional voice that can be saved to mp3. Then I just tweaked it with Easy Audio editor adding amplification and reverb for the slight electronic sound. As you can imagine it's time consuming but I think it came close. As for some sounding a little quiet, I probably just missed tweaking them with the audio editior. If you tell me which ones I'll correct them. Thanks for the feed back.

Mike

Michael Walsh
Michael Walsh's picture

newnhamrs4 said: just installed it guys, it runs well. I hope the member wont mind me saying, some of the files are a bit quiet. Apart from that its realy good,just one more point. How did you get the voice for certain things, ie the karate chop, im sure you didnt find a file on the net, as cylons dont karate chop. im interested as im making a personality, and could do with knowing.

Well your right, trying to find a Cylon voice on the net was impossible. I remembered many a year ago when I had a commadore 64 it used a text to voice software. Well after searching the web I found 2nd speech center. This alows for a consistant non emotional voice that can be saved to mp3. Then I just tweaked it with Easy Audio editor adding amplification and reverb for the slight electronic sound. As you can imagine it's time consuming but I think it came close. As for some sounding a little quiet, I probably just missed tweaking them with the audio editior. If you tell me which ones I'll correct them. Thanks for the feed back.

Mike

Robbiesapien
Robbiesapien's picture

Im getting my RS Media on friday. So I will email you on friday :D

newnhamrs4
newnhamrs4's picture

man thats realy good well done. what about a sound file for the eyes, the cylons used to make a noise when the red eye used to go back and forth. that was the most terrifying bit. cool though again well done.

newnhamrs4
newnhamrs4's picture

welcome both by the way.

Michael Walsh
Michael Walsh's picture

Newnhamrs4.  

I am working on the eye sound and the blaster sound. Unfortunately I only had the original movie to work with. In the movie there is so much background music and noise that it was difficult to filter out and narrow down enough to loop to create a background file. I am looking for some on the series DVD's that are more suitable, then it is only a matter of re-tweaking with the eye sound as a background. I'll keep working on it and update as it improves.

thanks

mike

newnhamrs4
newnhamrs4's picture

cant you use that 2nd speach editor thing.

celticwar
celticwar's picture

just loaded it up  trying it now let ya all no how i get on

celticwar
celticwar's picture

just got latest update to cylon personality with eye sounds ect hes tweeked it ....and what a job its great he must of spent ages doing cylon thanks m8 hats of to ya .....SmileSmile

Michael Walsh
Michael Walsh's picture

If you wish to download the final cut, with the red eye sound you can do so at the new download group fourm:

http://www.robocommunity.com/group/5/RS-Media-Personalities/

or

http://www.savefile.com/projects/808589338

Look for the Cylon Centurion personality. Please let me know what you think and I welcome any suggestions on how to improve it.

Enjoy

Mike

Sunbeamowner
Sunbeamowner's picture

Hey Mike. Just downloaded Cylon personality to my Rs Media. Wow what a great job you did. I did have to drop the bass down a bit due to the woofer speaker distorting . Just a quick general question how come all of the custom personalities don't have a dance routine ?

Michael Walsh
Michael Walsh's picture

Sunbeamowner, 

I can't wait to do the bodycon/macro thing, but with windows Vista I wait for the updated Vista friengly version of the software. I just can't get them to save or work right. Constant error messages pop up and make it frustrating. Wowwee said a vista version will be available end Jan. I wait to see if this is true. Once the software issue is solved I will work on Dance routines and other ideas I have for the personality and will update the download. As far as  the Bass, yes I had to turn mine down to, unfortunately my computer audio sounds nothing like the RS, thats something I have to work on. Thanks for the feed back...

Mike

Bostonspike
Bostonspike's picture

i managed to get a bit of time last night on my robot and loaded this up, very well done, youve prompted me to think about doing one now, but i bet it takes a lot of time, so dont expect one soon :)

TikaC
TikaC's picture

I know this is an old thread, but, have you looked into maybe using a TTS voice that comes with Vista or XP and the Zerius Vocoder? It's a free stand-along program that takes a .wav file and a sound file (make a tone from a keyboard or synth for example - lots of .wavs of those on the net as well) or even record your own voice and make a wav, use a pre-made synth wav and mix them in Zerius and you'd have a cylon voice! :) Or try Audacity and a plugin. That way you can get it to say what you want.

Also, you could find a clean sound on the net of the Knight Rider KITT's scanner sound which is a cleaner version of the Cylon warble, and then tweak that with a bit of reverb.

I have been looking at some RS media videos on YouTube and if the price is coming down, I'm thinking I *might* be able to get one this year. I have to see. But it would be cool. Maybe I could give it a go too. I love the '78 version of the Cylon Centurions. Maybe I could even get the gold ones (I think they are an octave lower-voiced than the silver).

Also for more Cylon clips, try looking on Hulu for the old BSG classics. Hand of God has some gold and silver centurions as does The Young Lords and the second part of Living Legend.

Ya, I'm a HUGE BSG and Knight Rider fan! :)

jango67
jango67's picture

hi  can  you e-mail me one of these .....hankman67@yahoo.com

Eezageeza
Eezageeza's picture

The Nightrider Car KITT had exactly the same sound as the Cylon, if I recall from when I was a kid. One of the two reasons I loved KITT was the Cylon sound it made when it was scanning something.

(The other reason I liked KITT was "Turbo Boost". I'm fairly positive this is indirectly behind the sales of Nitrous kits around the world... 8oP)
P.S. Yes I'm a geek. It's 6:33 am New Year Day 2013 and I'm looking for Cylon sounds for my new laptop. The Chinese don't have many Cylon sounds handy, which is a shame. They'd love Cylon Chinese...