PETITION for a better RS Media PC Suite

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
FREEEK
FREEEK's picture
PETITION for a better RS Media PC Suite

ALL RS Media owner that are NOT satisfied with the current RS Media PC Suite (1.2 or 2.1) please suscribe on this FORUM THREAD by completing one form:

ROBOCOMMUNITY username:...........................

Money spent on RS Media:...............................

General dissatisfactions about software:.........

I think Wow Wee needs QUICKLY to make improvements to this software, that's why I say we all RS Media owners need to GET TOGETHER and say how much money we invested in the RS Media and it's software. The software is worst than Microsoft Products !!!!!!!! PLEASE "subscribe" to this PETITION if you want to do something with your robot and your spent money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

ROBOCOMMUNITY username:........................... FREEEK

Money spent on RS Media:............................... 400 EURO (~ 580 USD) 

General dissatisfactions about software:......... Software has TONES of bugs reported (on BETA

software tests and after then) and unreported. Wow Wee has to make the software WORK no other

improvements needed. Frown

THETINMAM
THETINMAM's picture

oh yes i am in

wowwee need's to improve it's software. so wowwee here are the basics

1. put in some Diagnostic Tools

2.put back restset button

3. give rs a clock, with memo and alarm funtion

4. put in Option of setting sleep mode. time ,on ,off ect.

wowwee if you did this you would sell ten times more RS'S

Robert Gilmore
Robert Gilmore's picture

ROBOCOMMUNITY USERNAME............................Robert Gilmore

Money spent on RS Media..............................300 U.S. Dollars

General Dissatisfaction about software.................Geeee, it doesn't work....at all!! 

milw
milw's picture

ROBOCOMMUNITY username:...........................milw

Money spent on RS Media:...............................$350 USD (used)

General dissatisfactions about software:.........Can't delete personalities from robot or SD card via Media Suite; and can't overwrite a personality with same name (eg really hard to tweak an existing personality)

On the positive side, I'm running v2.1 on Win XP Media Center Edition SP2 and it is generally stable; 3d window works; can make bodycons and move personalities from PC to SD or bot with no trouble. 

Kadeiqus
Kadeiqus's picture

ROBOCommunity Username:   Kadeiqus  

Money Spent on RS Media: $200 USD (Ebay)

General Dissatisfactions about Software:   I get an error message every 15-20 minutes when trying to edit or create anything.  This causes the program to close and all work prior to the crash is lost.  This makes building a new personality, or function, very painful.   

Complications with the Media Suite aside, I love everything else about the Robot itself!  

Michelle C
Michelle C's picture

Hey guys,

Hear your concerns; I'm compiling a list of your problems... Do you have more specific issues that you want resolved? Please list them so I can get them to the engineers to address.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

RoboCommunity Username : Nocturnal

Money Spent on RS Media : $1000AUD

General Disatisfaction with software :

I've said all this before. Cross platform compatability would be nice. Adding features to the underpowered GUI scripting interface would be nice. The ability to record MP3's for personalities within the software would be good. 

A new one, since several people seem to be having problems with different MP3 and video encodings, have the software check that the encoding (bit rate, codec etc) is correct. 

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

Robocommunity User: FREEEK

Money Spent on RS Media: 400 EURO

Software MISSING COMMANDS:  LOOP (only repeat command availeble but ONLY for MACROS)

Other problems can be reported as we did in past BETA test with                                                         the speccific form is neccesary. (I see a forum thread opened, but                                                     ALL remaning users please subscribe here).

Michelle C
Michelle C's picture

Thanks guys; please keep it coming. I'm working on it for you!

RoboOtr
RoboOtr's picture

How about better documentation.

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

Better documentation about error causes? Undecided

Kadeiqus
Kadeiqus's picture

I have noticed that the Help menu in the suite states that when building a BodyCon you can drag the audio file back a ways if you want it to start later. I have never had success in doing this, at least not if there is only one audio added to the timeline. The audio file plays instantly from the first action, when at times I would like a second before the actual sound file starts. Also, when there is two audio files, the suite adds in a bank space which creates a delay inbetween the two sounds. Is there a way to have it start the second sound immediately without a pause?

I don't know if these are actually glitches or not, possibly just my lack of knowledge in how to use the program.

But that leads back to RoboOtr's comment about better documentation. I have completely read through the help files in the Media Suite, and it still leaves a lot of questions open. As it is now, I am learning how to run the Suite with what information I did get from the help menu, and the rest is all largely trial and error.

I think what RoboOtr is getting at is more "In-Depth" documentation that goes along with the Media Suite. Or possibly a tutorial that walks you through some of the basic editing required to build a macro, and or a bodycon, and then the steps needed to bring them all together into the final personality.

But, thats just my opinion.

humbledogg
humbledogg's picture

ROBOCOMMUNITY USERNAME: Humbledogg

MONEY SPENT ON RS MEDIA: 260 CND

GENERAL COMPLAINT: PLEASE MAKE IT 100% VISTA COMPATIBLE ALSO FIX THE USB ISSUES AS WELL AS FORMATING ISSUES . AND A SIMPLE EMAIL BACK FROM WOO WEE SUPPORT WOULD BE GREAT, MAN I HOPE THAT SONY DOG MAKES A COMEBACK SO THAT NEXT TIME I BUY A PRODUCT THATS MALFUNCTION THEY WOULD ACTUALLY COMMUNICATE BACK WITH ME, OH WAIT ITS A SONY NEVER MIND!!!

PEACE OUT!! 

Bostonspike
Bostonspike's picture

Robocommunity name: Bostonspike

Money Spent: £125 pounds sterling

General comment, crash issues, also its a shame you cant access via usb on boot up, i had an issue where i could only get my robot to boot up 1 in every 30 attempts, in the end it was software corruption on board, but i wasnt able to access it until i managed to get my robot to boot up and then format the onboard memory and start again, as deleting the offending file "bender 1" in this case didnt do the trick.

only had it 2 weeks so cant comment further at this stage.

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

Michelle , any NEWS from Wow Wee about some update or new PC Editing Suite release? Undecided

Bostonspike
Bostonspike's picture

i suspect my comment which i did put a "only had it 2 weeks comment" in my defence may be useless, after finding out how to get round my problem the hard way :)

the simple way to get round the issue i had is to put an SD card that is formatted correctly into it and access it that way.

General crashing issues would be my fault with it at this stage

Michelle C
Michelle C's picture

FREEEK: see my latest blog posting.

milw
milw's picture

Um... looks like you haven't published it yet? Last post is from Jan 6...
Never mind, there it is! And good new it is also! (actually, will it be backward compatible to  XP as well?)

Michelle C
Michelle C's picture

STRANGE! Better let Jeff know...

celticwar
celticwar's picture

robocommunity username ...........celticwar

money spent on rs media ............£125 sterling

dissatisfaction..................just softwear hard to use ect normal like every 1 else .

new softwear would be nice may be  voice changers ect to help make personalities easier ..if they took notice of all of us it would be great great great not just great lol lol

Grandlarseny37
Grandlarseny37's picture

Robocommunity Username: Grandlarseny37

Money spent on RS Media: $180

Dissatisfaction:  The editing suiteis, in one word, ridiculous.  I can't even open it on my vista computer so its a good thing I still have my old XP desktop.  I can't have teh help window open and then switch to the editing suite without having to close the help window, this means that if I am trying to do something from teh help menu, I have to either remember every step or I have to open teh help menu and search for the info several times!  I can't seem to import any sound files, which means I can't do any real modifications!  when the USB cable is plugged into my RS Media, the screen freezes and he becomes completely unresponsive.  And why does teh suite look like it was designed back in 1995?  The interface could be much simpler and MUCH MORE USER FRIENDLY!  I weep for the young kid who got this as a gift and cried after trying to figure this nonsense out!  

The robot is great and has lots of potential, but this editing suite is a joke.  And not a very funny one 

Jackpot
Jackpot's picture

robocommunity username ...........Jackpot

money spent on rs media ............$350.00 US

dissatisfaction..................Wont run on my desktop computer windows xp sp2 .Keep getting a Registered JIT debugging is not available, Cordbg.exe ! a0xe9c  usb device not recognized even when he says tetther connected !

put it on my laptop and it and the software loads but  cant connect to rs media drives E,F,G

dogbed79
dogbed79's picture

I am dogbed79

I paid 298 US dollars for my RSM

I have'nt been able to comunicate with the robot on my desktop which has XP sp2. I have to use a card reader to put the info into the robot. I can't get user designed macros to play the sounds that are in the bodycon that it is made up of, even tho when I use just the bodycon, it plays the sound and motion. I get errors when I build a bodycon.

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

I discovered that , RS Media conects to computer better if use a SD card in the robot !!! :()()(?!?

Jackpot
Jackpot's picture

I Have a 1 gig sd card but still cant connect . I can put music and photos but not any programing.

dogbed79
dogbed79's picture

dogbed79 said: I am dogbed79 I paid 298 US dollars for my RSM I have'nt been able to comunicate with the robot on my desktop which has XP sp2. I have to use a card reader to put the info into the robot. I can't get user designed macros to play the sounds that are in the bodycon that it is made up of, even tho when I use just the bodycon, it plays the sound and motion. I get errors when I build a bodycon.

I found the problems with playing the sounds of user created macro. The software left off a letter of a file name and didn"t install a file needed to play the sounds.

Weird, huh?

CaptainOzone
CaptainOzone's picture

User Name = CaptainOzone

RS Media Cost = $200.00 US

Major complaint with the suite is lack of doumentation; I'm sure the program can do many things, I just don't know what they are.  Also, it is apain in the neck to get the software running - it took me two days, as it kicked out one error after another on n XP SP2 machine.

DCM 

Michelle C
Michelle C's picture

CaptainOzone,

The manual says to click on the ? (Help button) in the interface  to get documentation for the RS Media Editing Suite.

Good luck.

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

This RS Media is a super function robot and the software idea that supports his super also ... But the final product involving the software and also the robot is one of the biggest bugz and missconnection ever discovered in the world of edu_tainment robot! I'm sorry to say this because I like my RS Media :( ... This edu_tainment has transformed in real entartainment only funy_tainment ... I have no other comments ...

Mr.M
Mr.M's picture

RS Media is a good concept if it worked. Of all my years using a computer, this is the worst software I have installed. The 2.4.2 update is a little improvement but...... my computer still freezes!

I can't think of a reason why WowWee would sell such a flawed product, maybe someone on this board can.I was looking forward to purchasing the up coming Rovio, but after using horrible software and equally terrible customer service(3 phone calls/ numerous e-mails) and still haven't received a reply, I have changed my mind!

Pages