JustinXrox
JustinXrox's picture

FREDDY KRUGER!!!!!!!!!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

No Elvis Back from the Grave. LOL

RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture

Nice, GWJax, The sort of thing I would do. How many servo's do'es it have??

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Servos? sorry None. all motors with gear boxes. I think there are 9 motors but I'll have to count. These motors are standard heavy duty motors and draw alot of current, just to turn the head right and left it uses 3 ea 330 ohm 2 watt resistors, feel the heat on that one. they also did not use the single chip hbridge, each motor has it's own hbridge on the course of 4 pcb's. also the speaker system was not turned up all the way to muffle the motor sound I did that on purpose so you could hear the motors are loud. As of making a new motherboard for it this is going to be easy just a few basic stamps piggy backed. GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Sorry, I meant motor gearbox's, Dooh. I agree the Parallax system would be great, but I am not sure if it can handle that amount of servo's 9, as you only have a 20m/s space, unless u use a 16 channel servo driver that Parallax have. I have one of these so I could try it out. I would love to strip an Elvis down and recreate  T2, I might do this as One of my next projects.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I still say that if WowWee would retool that noggin as a Terminator Endoskull, they'd sell to every Terminator fan on the planet.

That was my initial response in the feeler thread asking if people were interested in Elvis Alive. 

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Totally agree MrScott, I take it you are a T2 fan as well?.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

You might say I'm a fan. 

A full scale animatronic endoskull would be a great upgrade for my usual Halloween door guard.

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Nice, That's dedication for you.

Kadeiqus
Kadeiqus's picture

LOL that is AWESOME!  And you are right on both accounts MrScott...   It would make a great addition to your Halloween Guard, and WowWee would sell a ton of T2 Endoskulls!

**Hint Hint**  

(Something to think about, and great timing too, with the new TV Series starting up and all...  Terminator fans would go CrAzY!) 

RobosapienV2-4mem8

I second that Kadeiqus; T2 has never left us after all these yrs, One of the great movie series of all time.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Since all of you want the terminator then the new skin will be half Elvis and half Terminator with the glowing red eye. As of running with the parallax basic stamp I did know that I needed the 16 channel motor driver, I was going to use it. Also running on a few PICs for other features. Like I said on the new skin thread I will be opening out a new thread on the progress of the New Elvis.

One Question though, Who wants an Article on this?

Thanks for all your comments and input.

GWJax

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Sure, write up an article. It will help keep the content together.

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Cool GWJax: If I lived next door to you I would be over every day helping you. If you need any help I'm here. In fact I have wanted to do this for yrs but have never found any suitable material to use until now. Elvis's head seems the perfect solution for this project. Now where can I aquire an elvis head in NZ?????????

And yes an article would be great. 

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Why do you have to live soooooooo far away? You know there is a house for sale next to mine. So pack up and come to the USA. As of finding one E-Bay would be my location to grab one.

So far no one had said no to the article, so I will start one. Its going to be long so the best thing is to put it in sections like part 1 of x.  where x=I have no Idea

GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Easier said than done moving house GWJax, If you saw my basement and electronics room you would turn a blind eye. I agree the article will have to be done in sections. Do you plan on using an airbrush for the detailed effect??

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Yep, I have latex paint in all colors from my Halloween custom mask making days. But the most time consuming is going to be sculpting it out of clay first and then making the mold for it. In this process it's a one shot only so I have to get it right the first time else I'll have to resculpt it all over again. GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

SO, How are you going to get the metal effects from latex paint??

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Metal flake powder. GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

What base color will you use for the metal flake? I have a ltr of alloy powder but that would not give the desired effects.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I found that Hammerite hammered metal finish made for a nice 1:6 endoskull coating.

RobosapienV2-4mem8

MrScott" Hammerite hammered metal finish: Is that a paint you can buy? Enamel or acryic?

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Hammerite is a rust inhibiting auto touchup paint.

I used it over a primer that I applied to the cast resin skulls. 

RobosapienV2-4mem8

So, you apply hammerite over the metal, then primer, then metal flake powder to what type of base paint?

MrScott
MrScott's picture

The small skulls are cast resin.

Over that I applied a spray on primer.

Over that I applied a spray on hammered silver finish. 

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Ok.cool.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

because i'll be painting on rubber this type of paint wont do because it will crack, I'll mix in a silver powder into the rubber paint so cracking will not occure, Painting on resin is a lot diffrent then painting on rubber or silicone because it has to streach with the skin. GWJax

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I just tint the latex when I cast with that. A few drops of acrylic tint it up quite well. The mask the Terminator is holding is tinted latex.

Metallic would be tough though. On the other hand, the metallic portions of the terminator aren't flexible, so they don't need to be rubber.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

But does your latex move on your terminator. I have been down this rout many times trying diffrent paints and only latex paint will hold up to all the streaching. GWJax

Pages