Elvis Video Skinless and to become the Elvinator Project

372 posts / 0 new
Last post
GWJax
GWJax's picture

The paint I use is professional latex rubber mask paint. I will not use anything other than that. but thanks for the input. GWJax

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Just to let all of you know that the first article is in review on turning the Elvis into Elvis-the-Terminator. I'll post it here when it's live. Thanks for all of your help. GWJax

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Part 2 of x is now in review, This article is about the skinning of Elvis. Part 1 is still in review as well. I'll keep you posted when they come out. Part 3 will be about whats in the brain cavity. How fun is that. I believe Part 4 will be a diesection of all boards and part 5 we will make a small circuit to incorporate some of the motors and make them move using a BasicStamp 2. Thanks GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture

Looking forward to ALL the articles GWjax, Can't wait to see them.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Just an update. I was told that both articles were approved and the first one should be live next week. So keep an eye out. GWJax

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Keep your eyes open for some awesome how-to articles by GWJax on the Terminator/Elvis conversion... coming soon :)

Pete 

RobosapienV2-4mem8

I'm getting impatient GWjax [Being a Terminator fan] Peter, How soon, how soon??.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

GWJax is doing a GREAT job!  Watch for his first article coming next week.

I'm glad to see we're all excited about his project.  I can't wait to see the rest.  Shall we say, "TerminElvis?"

I'll be back... uh-huh! 

Pete 

RobosapienV2-4mem8

ARGH, a whole week, I'm not going to have any nails left Peter. Ha Ha.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

I think "The Elvinator" has a better ring to it.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Yeah, I think so too.  So shall it be!

THE ELVINATOR

Pete 

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Yep, The Elvinator sounds good to me.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

I do agree the Elvinator sounds really GREAT! So like Peter said "so shall it be!" Thanks all for the intrest you all are showing in this project, eventhough it will be a long one. But at least my wife has my back on this one too:) She is giving me an extra allowance from my pay checks. Yea! Sometimes I fell like I'm a teen and have to ask mommy for some money. LOL But at least I don't have to worry about the bills getting paid. GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

I'm lucky in that respect GWjax, We both have seperate accounts and as long as the bills are paid I can do vertually what I want. Lucky me!!

RobosapienV2-4mem8

My nails are now halfway eaten waiting for this article guys, looks like the toes are next? and were only half way into the week?

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

I'm really glad that we're all so excited!  If it makes you feel better, 4mem8, it's coming "first thing" next week :)  So only a few more days!

RobosapienV2-4mem8

I will have to tinker with my RSv2 mobile base to ease the pressure on those nails!!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

RobosapienV2-4mem8 said: My nails are now halfway eaten waiting for this article guys, looks like the toes are next? and were only half way into the week?

No not the Toe nails go for the wifes nails instead.LOL

Also to let you know we too have diffrent accounts but she holds them like their her own. And she will put money into my playmoney account that she has no controll over except to make deposits to. But the bills have to get paid and if it was up to me, all our bills would be late. hehehe because after work I like to play with the bots and surf RoboCommunity.com. Can you blame me for that? GWJax

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Peter Redmer said: I'm really glad that we're all so excited!  If it makes you feel better, 4mem8, it's coming "first thing" next week :)  So only a few more days!

So Pete, is the 1st article going out first then the 2nd one the following week? I am starting the 3rd one now. It should be ready on Monday I hope. GWJax

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

They will be published in order, for sure, and most likely weekly.  Sometimes, our calendar will change, but we always make sure to do the best we can so things are published in a sensible order and timeline :)

Pete 

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

And 4mem8, maybe it's good that she controls the bills, LOL...  I think if you controlled them, your entire house would be populated with robots (and spare parts, and tools of course.)

I know that if I could spend my money however I wanted, I would have limitless collections of vintage videogames, and too many laptops to keep count of.  And a gaming rig that requires liquid cooling :)

Pete 

GWJax
GWJax's picture

OK, Thanks Pete! With all the hype I hope their not disapointed. But at least bigger and better things are about to come out. I do hope I'm the first to complete the Elvinator, but if not thats ok too. Thanks all, GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

GWjax: Yeah, My bills would also be late if that was my choice. Going to start my Wall-E project soon.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Really a Wall-E bot. Post an article of the DIY guide to building your own Wall-E bot. I can't wait. Start a new thread and keep up posted. I'm having goose bumps just thinking about it.Embarassed Now this is a race on who can get their bot finnished before the other. LOL GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

GWjax: Definatley not a race, I will be a while beforwe I get this going. Have just downloaded a number of pics as a start. Will be planning the electronics and how to operate the six servos. Will start a new thread as soon as I get some more materials together.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Yes, I'd like to see the Wall-E bot too - take your time and enjoy the projects :)  Keep us posted!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

NO don't lisen to Pete, Don't take your time get it done NOW.LOL GWJax

ps sorry Pete I had to say it.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

We're just a bunch of rabid geeks, aren't we?  I'm having so much fun with this...

GWJax
GWJax's picture

I am all over the board right now I am have the time of my life tonight. I needed this beacuase I really had a bad week. And yes we are a bunch of rabid geeks. LOL But loving every moment of it. GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Fun aint it!! My fingers are so tired on this damn K/B they wont be of any use to build any bots. But lovin it. I can build the Wall-E ok but it's the programming that's going to hold me up, operating 6 servos.

Pages