Elvis Video Skinless and to become the Elvinator Project

372 posts / 0 new
Last post
GWJax
GWJax's picture

When you get to that point let me know.. This won't hold you down, Just tell me what your using and what you want it to do and I'll send the source code for it. See your almost done. But not until mine is done. hehehehe, GWJax

ps only 6 servos Look what I have to deal with 6 motors and a bunch of vr's and switches and lights and sound and .......... you get the drift.

RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture

Yeah I do, I may also use my Parallax sound chip if we can program it ok. Thanks for the offer GWjax, this area is always a bugbear for me, I am trying to learn P-basic but I fear it's the age thing that interferes with the learning curve for me. So your help in this area would be greatly appreciated when the time comes.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

I know what you mean about learning. It does go rather slow the older we get. I have not had the chance to program a sound chip yet but I can do the code and send it to you for debugging. That would be cool to do. Just like the pros do it. GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Great GWjax, I look forward to that when the time comes.

I am just going to start a new thread on Wall-E. 

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Go for it. GWJax

GWJax
GWJax's picture

OK here I  am summing up the project pages for the Elvinator. Atricles are as followed but may change.

Part 1 opening up elvis and seeing whats inside the torso.

Part2. Skinning the Elvis.

Part 3 will be about whats in the brain cavity. How fun is that.
Part 4 will be a diesection of all boards
part 5 we will make a small circuit to incorporate some of the motors and make them move using a BasicStamp 2.
Part 6 installing the Red eye and circuit and moving the sensor into the eyes
Part 7 Sound? Might be a little latter.
part 8 AI programming for the Elvinator
part 9 Making it work togeather , testing and debugging.
Part 10 sculpting the new skin
Part 11 Mold making
Part 12 Pouring in the skin in silicone and painting
part 13 attaching the skin for the final product
Part 14 The video of the Elvinator complete.

There may be more than that but I'll have to wait until that times comes.

Here is a picture of one of the photos from inside the brain cavity.

Inside Head

as you can see from the back side there are Hbridge drivers and wait till you see what is behind them. You'll have to wait for part 3 for this. Till then, keep hacking alive with WooWee Alive products, GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

OMG, Is that what is in Elvis [stock] Or what you have made for Elvinator?? The above list is impressive GWjax, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Since this last post I have made additions to the list they are as follows:

part X building a New brain
part x keeping original Brain attached but can switch back to AI mode
part x added hidden effects and code words? I won't tell you on this one.
Part x alarm clock with laser display from one eye
part x making and changing teeth
part x speech reconition

There may be more but I'm going all the way with it.

GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

You don't do things by half do you GWjax, your wish list is huge, If you can pull all this off your my hero.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Do it once and not twice. thats my moto. And Yes I will happen, It will just take a little time like I had told you guys earlier. This project is not easy, but it is worth it. I am sure that more than 3/4 of the people here in the community does not have the skills that you and I and Notrnial and MrScott has. But if it helps anyone out in any part then I had done my job well. GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

I agree GWjax, It's all about hacks and helping out where we can, Even we need help in certain area's With me it's coding.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

This is going to be incredible.  From what I'm reading, are you going to be able to make Elvis sound like the Terminator, by modifying the sound chip or the contents of the sound banks?  You could program in sound clips from the movies, eh?

Awesome stuff... 

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Thanks for including me in your list of those "with many skills", GWJax.

The rest of you have me beat flat when it comes to practical experience with Stamps, Pics, and other such dedicated programmable controllers. They weren't around in my formative years, so I missed out playing with them. TTL logic and bump sensors were the height of "smart" toys back in the 70's.

With the exception of my programming background, I'm more of a general handyman. Jack of all trades, master of few.

I'm not done learning yet by a long shot. I'm always picking new subject areas to learn about, and try my hand at. 

I look forward to the detailed look behind the scenes for the latest projects. You never know what might strike my fancy for the next growth experience. 

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Your welcome MrScott I wish I could remember all the others that I know can do this project but they know who they are. and yes Pete I will include a sound track for the terminator and many others just don't know how I'm going to do it just yet, I do have a few in mind though. Like I said this will be an on going project and I'm putting in the Red LED in the eyes tonight. Sorry I have to go. wifey is telling me to get off. I'll post again later tonight. GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

GWjax: I don't care what it takes or how long it takes, But I will definately be doing this project after you have posted your article's, I just have to acquire an Elvis head from somewhere??

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Heres looking at ya.

Eyes

Just another teaser for ya. Keep checking back for more.. This pic is in article 3. and it is so cool to apply power to it's eyes and lids. It's like creapy.......GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Terminator has EYE LIDS???? nah.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Well One will he is Elvis too. GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Yeah, I know, just being silly.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Have fun on the site I'm going to bed now and then to work. I'll catch up with ya Later. GWJax

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Hey everybody - we've released the first in the "Elvinator" series of articles!

Check out the hacks and mods blog here to read the article!

Pete 

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Thanks Peter for the intro. I'm still working on part 3. I'll try to get it done before the weekend. GWJax

GWJax
GWJax's picture

OK part 3 is in review now I could not wait for the weekend. I'll use this time for part 4 on the board descriptions. and the really fun stuff part 6 making the eyes move with a basic stamp2. I hope everyone is enjoying part 1 so far but better stuff is comming. Baby steps you have to have them inorder to walk tall. GWJax

RobosapienV2-4mem8

I'm drooling so much Iv'e run out of sponges. Now where's that bucket!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Ok 4mem8, I now crown you as Sir Nut Head Slobber Mouth,lol I'm glade you are enjoying this as much as I am. Tanks, GWJax

ps speaking of tanks hows Wall-E comming?

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Ha Ha, That's funny GWjax, Check the Wall-E thread!!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Comming soon to a thread near you, How to move Elvis's EYE's. Later in this thread I'll give you a glimps into the eye movement and some source code to play with until the Article comes out. I have to stay on top of RobosapienV2-4mem8's "man thats a long name" Wall-E thread so I don't loose my readers. LOL Sorry 4mem8, Like I say in your thread it's WAR! GWJax 

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Aye, it is.You have the jump on me though, I don't know code as well as you!!.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Too bad, too sad. Start hitting the books 4mem8. Download the Parallex CD all the books and articles from Nuts-N-Bolts are in there. This has more info than you'll ever need, and some great source code modules. ooops I told you my trick. strike that War buddy! GWJax

Pages