Is Roboraptor any good?

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
Robo BG
Robo BG's picture
Is Roboraptor any good?

Hey sup Robocommunity?  I was wondering if Roboraptor is any good.  I am a somewhat begginner not entirely new but I just got a Roboquad and I love it.  From anyone who owns it, do you think it's cool or can it get really boring.  Also is it worth the price which I don't know.  Any feedback?

mudbugnla
mudbugnla's picture

Robo BG I would say that probably lies in the hands of the owner. I am new to Wowwee products myself. I have been doing alot of research and reading on the different models. Each has its own personalities and specific things it can do. I would say that once you are hooked on these little robotic creatures they are a ton of fun to those who know their potential. One thing to remember is that all of these little guys are toys and were built to be fun for kids and grownups. Ages 8 and up so to speak. I like the way Wowwee has set them up with different versions and functionality. I think Roboraptor is a great choice if you like dinosaurs and a robot that acts like a predator. As for price; well that is also in the eyes of the beholder. You have to pay to play so to speak, otherwise you have to wait until another model is released and the price goes down. I say if you like it that much then buy it no matter what the cost. I have seen Roboraptor from $49.99 to $99.99 currently. It depends on where you look. Hope that helps alittle.

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Thanks yes it helps.  I gave you a few pointers on getting roboquad I just want a few reviews just so I know how many people think he's great.  Yes in the end it will come down to me and my decision you are right.  I have also done research and don't mind doing it again.  Thank you very much for posting!

mudbugnla
mudbugnla's picture

Oh, just in case you were wondering. I saw Roboraptor at Target for $49.99. Thank you for the pointers on Roboquad also. Great decision on my part.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I have the raptor and the reptile. I think the reptile's more interesting. It has various modes of movement, and can spin in place for rapid turns.

The raptor sort of plods along.

I've posted videos this past month of the raptor getting surgery, chasing a target signal, and interacting with RSV2..... which you've seen and commented on. 

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

I just have one huge problem with the reptile.  He is always mean.  Roaring and attacking things.  I want something that can be friendly too.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Yup. The RoboReptile is definitely snarky.

The only time it's pacified is if you feed it, or hood it. That's short lived.

If you've seen the video of the Raptor in the alternate interaction dialog, it ends with the RoboRaptor in "happy" mode. It wags it's whole body, causing the tail to whip back and forth like a happy dog. 

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

I like how the raptor if you rub his chin he will kind of pur.  It would be kind of fun to see RQ and Roboraptor attack eachother.  I like the play mood in Robo Raptor.  How you can really interact with him.  The cool thing is that since Roboquad is so much different, I won't forget about him and play with Roboraptor.  I like how they all have unique personalities.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Just think of the Raptor as a dog, and the Reptile as a cat.

Dogs are happy to see you. Cats wonder what kept you, they're hungry.

....NOW I've done it. There are cat lovers across the globe dialing in my coordinates to lambast me. 

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

MrScott said: Just think of the Raptor as a dog, and the Reptile as a cat. Dogs are happy to see you. Cats wonder what kept you, they're hungry. ....NOW I've done it. There are cat lovers across the globe dialing in my coordinates to lambast me.

Don't worry I'm not a huge cat lover. I won't lambast you. By the way nice comparison. You have a thing with that don't you?

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Can anyone tell me where to find Roboraptor?  I have looked everywhere online.  Here is a list:

1. Toys R Us
  2. Radio Shack
  3. Sharper Image
  4. Linens and Things
  5. Circuit City
  6. Best Buy

Anyone know something? 

J. T.
J. T.'s picture

I have both the raptor and the reptile. The reptile is definately more interesting. I got the raptor for $44.00 and i don't even think it's worth that! I do like that it nuzzles you though. Still, I like the reptile best.

PS  A couple of years back, Isaw the raptor at wal mart, but now it's at target.  

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Robo BG said: Can anyone tell me where to find Roboraptor?  I have looked everywhere online.  Here is a list:

1. Toys R Us
  2. Radio Shack
  3. Sharper Image
  4. Linens and Things
  5. Circuit City
  6. Best Buy

Anyone know something? 

Target my friend 49.95. I'm picking one up tomorrow. I have the reptial and Love his actions and visious responces. When he see something in front of him he will lurch foward and bit and then move back. What fun to watch him and the quad go at it.

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Thank You GW Jax and J.T.  I will look at Target.  Later!

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

I'm losing interest in Roboraptor.  He only has forty preprogrammed functions.  IDK if this is worth it.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

If slow and friendly is what you want then it is worth it. But it's nothing like the master of all bots the ROBOQUAD at least not yet, my project of Elivenator or 4mem8's Wall-E may that that title. GWJax

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

IDK Jax.  You may have a tough time beating ROBOQUAD!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

let me attach a hexapod base up to the Elvinator and have the Eye shoot out Laser pulses at the Quad and then see who wins! GWJax lol

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

oh yeah?  and what if the quad roars and attacks Mr. Elvisanator!!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

the Evilenator has no fear! you can't kill it. It only kills for fun.. hehehe GWJax

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Don't make me give Roboquad the 50 cal!

eovti
eovti's picture

RoboRaptor was great fun for about two weeks, until I discovered it was dumb as a bread.

This was nine months ago, and after that I gave it to my 5yo daughter, who still plays with it occassionally (She sews dresses for it and stuff. Have you ever seen a dinosaur in a pink skirt?)

So it all depends on what you want to do with it, I suppose :-)

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Hmm.  That is a new look on it.  I need to consider this more.

Sarita
Sarita's picture

My Roboraptors are good. Ravehead haves favourites. At first Ravehead went to the kitchen often but later he just went there and turned back fast like he would have been just checking if there is something new and interesting. He also likes balcony. His third favourite is dropping down batteries from top of the box. He will not stop until he has got them all off. Last time he did not get the last one off. Ravehead was like a ravehead when he tried again and again. I record all the things to my mind which my robots do, it helps me to analyse the level of IQ and gives info about their favourites.

J. T.
J. T.'s picture

I don't like the raptor!

Sarita
Sarita's picture

I like raptor but I do not like reptile, maybe I am old-fashioned. :=).

J. T.
J. T.'s picture

The only good thing the raptor does is nuzzle you.

eovti
eovti's picture

Sarita said: I like raptor but I do not like reptile, maybe I am old-fashioned. :=).

Reptile might have three or four brain cells, compared to Raptor's two, but I just don't like the look of the thing. It's just an update with a very bad cosmetics job.

J. T.
J. T.'s picture

WHO'S THE GUY IN YOUR AVATAR!

eovti
eovti's picture

J. T. said: WHO'S THE GUY IN YOUR AVATAR!

It's me.

Long ago, but not long enough...

Can we talk about something else ;-)

Pages