Is Roboraptor any good?

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

I see what you mean I, robot.  It's kind of like a hmm... demented dog?

GWJax
GWJax's picture

but both rapture and reptial are fun to play with.

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

oh.  darn it people why do you have to keep pulling me in different directions??

mudbugnla
mudbugnla's picture

I have a roboreptile and robotyrannus even though they both do exactly the same things, I like them both. I like the ground speed of the reptile. It does not move as lame as some of the other robots. I think the raptor being lame depends on the user. I can see where wowwee should have maybe included a few more functions to the raptor and alittle more speed. The trade would then be how much battery consumption. So everything you want and ask for go hand in hand. It would then be lame for being a battery hog. Hopefully wowwee will soon put rechargeable nimh's or Lithiums to add some play time and more functionality.

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Is Roboraptor fun to play with or does he kind of get boring quickly?

GWJax
GWJax's picture

BG, it is up to each person to determine what is fun and last a long time with playing wuth them. Just buy one or the other and find out your self. only you can determine what you think is better and what is fun to ply with. I have bothe the rapture and the reptile and I play with them at the same time. I enjoy both and donot prefer one over the other because they are designed to be diffrent. go with what you think is best and not what other people think.

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

I have a limited budget.  I can't go with both unless I wait long term for next Christmas.  I am thinking of asking for Roboraptor for my B-Day and buying a pet on my own money.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

then do it, you'll like both

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Ha my birthday was yesterday.  I asked for pet but haven't gotten it yet.  My mom is still looking.

J. T.
J.    T.'s picture

Robo BG, if you are exploring the site without a profile, I want to let you know that Roboraptor's inner foot pads grind down very easily. They're grinding down even when i use it on my linoleum. So you have to have a glossy hardwood or tile floor without the mortar.

stabcity
stabcity's picture

I just bought my first WowWee tonight. I got the Roboraptor. My wife and I played with it for a few hours. Very entertaining. I'm looking forward to modifying it in the near future. I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Congrats stabcity on your first WowWee product. I love the Rapture, its quick and mean and really has a temper, Just a little FYI for you on hacking it, I have not found a good hack for it to do myself and in the head there is no room for anything else. The only hack I can think of and keeping him whole is adding a lit head or adding a red LED in the back of his mouth so when he opens it the LED turns on like breathing fire. but that all I have come up with for the great Rapture, Let up know what you do to him, and maybe post an Article on how you did it. Congrats again,
Jax

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Seems like I saw somebody that extended the tail for more "whippiness". As I recall, they took the tail off of a mini-RoboRaptor, and grafted it on the end of the big boy.

Not a sophisticated hack, but something to start with, at least.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

never saw that one MrScott, but that sounds like a really cool hack, may have to look into that one.

karabiner
karabiner's picture

i think the roboraptor is best. the roboreptile is somewhat lacking in personality, and is most fun when remote controlled i think. but the roboraptor nuzzles you, and who could ever get tired of having a curious little raptor come up to you and nuzzle you?
also, the roboraptor generally looks more freindly. the reptile is a little too... robotic.

Sarita
Sarita's picture

My old cassette player (I use it for my lap top computer to hear better when I watch movies) was on the floor and Ravehead, my first Roboraptor, became interested in it. I was gone little moment and when I came back I saw how Ravehead was ripping off the audio wire. I was worried that he will break it. Was quite hard to get it off from his teeth but was really cool that he still wants to do new things.

iquad
iquad's picture

roboraptor its his sense of humor i suppose.

idrum289
idrum289's picture

I like 'em both. Who's seen my video of them fighting?
Here's the link if you haven't.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xRm_mldWPs0

GWJax
GWJax's picture

idrum, I love it good job but I think the reptile with his head horns at least I think I saw some which is diffrent, could you give a good close uo pic of his head?
Jax

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Easy peasy mate....How's this?

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Idrum it appears that they came like that.. or did you make them? If you made them great job. This is a must have on mine..
Jax

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Nah mate, I bought it like that. I saw it in a department store we have here in Oz called Big W. This is a Robotyrranus. I had to check it out first 'cos I thought it was a rip off though it had WowWee on thr box. Sure enough, there's a website (official) for it...

http://www.robotyrannusonline.com/

Also, there is a thread I discovered covering the differences between Roboreptile and Robotyrranus (only cosmetic)

http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/12863/RoboTyrannus-vs-RoboRept...

There you go. Happy reading

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Well Guess what? My reptile is going to have a make over this fall, I'll post a thread on how I do it.

Jax

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Go for it GW!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Idrum can you get me a good shot of the back spline please like you did with the head, Thanks in advance.
Jax

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Are these ok GW?

iquad
iquad's picture

nice photeos!did you paint your rtile?

iquad
iquad's picture

nice photeos!did you paint your rtile?

idrum289
idrum289's picture

No, this is how I bought it.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

ya those are great Idrum thanks a bunch...

Jax

Pages