Is Roboraptor any good?

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
GWJax
GWJax's picture

lol crmfghtr, thanks it won't be hard to do with thermoplastic, plus I guess I have a new name "Dax" hehe got to love the typos, I know because I make alot of them, hehe

Jax

iquad
iquad's picture

yu from oklahoma?

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Ok my thread on the Robotyrranus conversion will be up soon but it's my sons BirthDay today and he's 16 now!!! Wow has time flowen by. so may be I'll have a thread up later tonight well see.. I'll post the link here so ppl reading this thread can find it easy.

Dax aka Obi-Wan aka GW aka GWJax aka Jax hehe

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Ok Bg, we are not here for grammer lessons as we all make mistakes, I should know I make alot of them, hehehe

JG,

iquad
iquad's picture

hey,the biggest tomato was planted in OKLAHOMA in 1983 it weighed 3.5 kilograms!!!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Ahh Iquad been reading the Gennius Book of World Records have you... That Tomato is OK. hehehe

Jax

iquad
iquad's picture

hahahahaha!!!

iquad
iquad's picture

and plus,im in 7th class thats all.im younger thanbg.so these guys make us read that heavey book.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Man you all are taking me back too many years, I was programming my TRS-80 COCO at the time just to play some games on it because there was not many games out yet! Plus I was selling my programs for education in math and reading and making a mint at that age as well.. My internet was the BBS systems and running it at a wopping 50 baud, yes I said 50 baud. You all have it too easy these days unlike my self but then again it made me a better person to realize what is to be come of computers and electronics. I guess this is why I love the robotics so much as they are now joined togeather to make some increatiable robots like the WowWee line and others.

Jax

MrScott
MrScott's picture

A TRaSh-80 in 7th grade?! I WISH!

Let's see..... 7th grade.... that would be 73-74. A 4 banger calculators sold for $500 (BIG money in '73). Computers were on Star Trek reruns. I did have Radio Shack project kits to cobble together.

Modem is something you did to the fields. Log-on is how you stoked the fire higher. 8-)

As an interesting historical footnote, the IMSAI company was founded in '73.

http://www.computerhistory.org/timeline/?year=1973

GWJax
GWJax's picture

"laughs" Nice one Mr.Scott but I still have that Trash-80 and it still works with the tape cassette used as a storage media. Every now and then I get it out and just program with it for fun. I should use it to control some robots some day hehehehe.

Jax

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I've got my Sinclair that I bought in '83. I even got the memory upgrade, a whopping 16K!

idrum289
idrum289's picture

I remember my big brother's TRS80. I used to play with that, programming wise that is. Ah those were the days.....

iquad
iquad's picture

yes robobg but which class you in?

Orion Paxx
Orion Paxx's picture

I like my roboraptor. I have more fun chasing my puppies with it. It is bigger that my chihuahua. the Poodle doesn't like it because th roboraptor instinct mode goes after him because of the low pitch growl the poodle emits. The sensors are activated to where the noise is coming from and then I have the biggest laugh ever when it goes after the poodle. Plus, my mother had a bad dream about the roboraptor an is to, scared of the thing. I love it!!!

Pages