I'd Like Your Opinion on the Dino.

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
J. T.
J. T.'s picture
I'd Like Your Opinion on the Dino.

My other thread was about my Roboraptor's problem. But this one is about your opinion on it. So how 'bout it? What is your opinion on it?

J. T.
J. T.'s picture

Well I think it stinks!

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I've had issues with some plastics smelling strongly, but not anything I've gotten from WowWee.

Have you tried Febreze?

It's good at taking away all sorts of odors.

Putting it in a sealed bag with a fabric softener dryer sheet can also clear up odors.

VanMan
VanMan's picture

I love my Commodore 64. Oh sorry, wrong decade.

I really like my raptor, the different moods are great, I like how it responds to sound and turns his head to where it comes from, then walks toward it. It's pretty impressive in it's roaming abilities. He gets stuck in corners sometimes, but mostly will walk backward from a wall, then turn and turn again and find his way out of an area into another area.

Not many complaints actually. It would be nice if his mouth opened when he does the bite action. Also, if the touch sensors were more touch related, and less like buttons.  Maybe some way to have the eyes rotate (even on just 1 axis) to add some life to his actions.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Yup. That Commodore's a dinosaur, alright.

I've still got my Timex Sinclair. I remember being jazzed when I bought the expansion module that gave it a whopping 16K of memory. 

J. T.
J. T.'s picture

MrScott said: I've had issues with some plastics smelling strongly, but not anything I've gotten from WowWee. Have you tried Febreze? It's good at taking away all sorts of odors. Putting it in a sealed bag with a fabric softener dryer sheet can also clear up odors.

Now thats the funiest thing I've heard all day!Laughing By the way, Febreeze is my favorite air freshener.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Something else I collect is vintage GIJoe gear. Stuff that's been sitting around in some cigarette smoke infused house for 40 years.  Peeeeyewwww. I've never given up on a piece, yet, but some of them need some serious attention before they can merge in with the rest of the collection.

To acknowledge the actual topic for this thread, I do own a RoboRaptor, and a RoboReptile. The Raptor was a clearance store snag. It was only a few bucks, but it didn't come with the remote. Since I have no remote for it, I haven't fully explored all that it can do. It's free roam is pretty good, if a bit plodding.

The RoboReptile is a recent aquisition. It was my prize for the Halloween contest here in the community.  It's a much more active creature than the Raptor is, but seems to have less variation in its behaviors. 

J. T.
J. T.'s picture

Yeah I have both of them to. Mr Scott, if you need a remote, you can go to wowwee store. They're $20 apiece, but it'll help you see what the dino can do.

J. T.
J. T.'s picture

I have the movies Jurassic Park, so someday I'll include a picture in my comment.

J. T.
J. T.'s picture

Here are a few,

This one is T. rex,

And this one is raptor. Sorry they weren't very big, But if they were any bigger, they would be blurry.

J. T.
J. T.'s picture

HELLO!!!!

Moderator Modified to reduce the level of shouting. - MrScott 

J. T.
J.    T.'s picture

I also like the way the raptor moves and sounds, I think I said it stunk because I'm just tired of getting the bum deal on everything. Even so, the turning isn't all that immpresive. The Reptile can do a sharp stationary turn, while the raptor almost walks 3 feet before it even curves! It's a nice toy though.
The next time I g to Wal-Mart, I'm going to buy the mini Roboraptor.(Good idea?) Then I'll the whole family! Mommy raptor, baby raptor, and infant raptor.(Full-sized Roboraptor, mini raptor, and Mcraptor.)