A couple of problems with my roboraptor

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
nicerobot
nicerobot's picture
A couple of problems with my roboraptor

I have a couple of problems with my roboraptor.  The first and most serious is that its left leg barely moves when walking forward.  The second problem is that when the roboraptor turns its head to its right, the head rotates clockwise completely on its side instead of staying upright.  The head turns back again properly when it looks straight ahead or the other direction so its kind of strange... 

To anybody thats opened this thing up, do these sound like easy fixes?  I'm guessing some plastic piece(s) are broken inside and maybe just need gluing but really don't know....

Thanks! 

milw
milw's picture

hi Nicerobot, I was hoping someone else who has opened their Roboraptor would reply. I don't know how easy it is to get the raptor apart; but now I have one and am willing to take a screwdriver to it! Will post a dissection in the Raptor forum and give you a link, when I get it underway (maybe not tonight tho).

cheers- Scott 

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I do have some dissection pics as part of the video in my thread about fixing my raptor's lockjaw.

http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/12418/Curing-a-RoboRaptor-s-LockJaw/

There's a pretty detailed description of how to open a RoboRaptor up in that thread. 

J. T.
J. T.'s picture

I have opened up my raptor and saw that the neck cords are bent and broken. That what makes the neck swivel wrong. It can't be fixed. As with the leg, all I can say is that you probably have a busted motor. It's unfixable unless you're an expert. May I suggest calling wowwee at 1-800-310-3033 to tell them your problem and they might replace it for you. It's worth a shot. Good luck!Wink

PS BTW, if you get their answering system, that means all their operators are busy. Call somtime later in the day. Their office hours are 9:00 AM-5:00 PM ET. Hope you get it fixed! 

nicerobot
nicerobot's picture

Thanks for the info guys! I think I may have figured out the left leg problem  - I think its some how tied into the movement of the little left arm (I didn't even think those moved at first).  Anyway for those of you who have opened roboraptor up, is it possible to remove body shell without removing the (left) leg?  I went so far as taking the leg cover off but it looks like the three screws holding the leg mechanism to the body have to be removed before the body shell will come off.   Thanks

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Read the disassembly instructions in the thread I referenced above.

It's no big deal to take off the leg if you've got a screwdriver that fits. Just keep track of what screw came from where, as there are different sizes. 

nicerobot
nicerobot's picture

Opps - sorry I didn't see that part of the thread.  Thanks Mr. Scott!