Bladestar vs RoboBoa

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
waleed123
waleed123's picture
Bladestar vs RoboBoa

hello. I really dont know what to get for my birthday.

my top two choices are the flytech bladestar and the RoboBoa.

wich one do you think is better.

thanks

NoroBiik
NoroBiik's picture

Get both if you can afford it.  Try the bladestar first since it's cheaper & is the first Wowwee flyer with any kind of robotic intellligence. Then check out the video's of the Boa & the Quad and see which one appeals better to you.

NoroBiik
NoroBiik's picture

This video by Samonsma give a pretty good idea of what the Bladestar can do.  It's a precision indoor flyer, I don't dare fly my dragonfly indoors too many breakables that can be knocked over. 

waleed123
waleed123's picture

thanks for that but in england the RoboBoa is gone half price.

wich makes it almost the same as the bladestar.

but i really want to get more info on the RoboBoa.

What is its best feature?

RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture

Nicw milw, See you still have that snow around out there. Waleed123: I would go for the Bladestar

NoroBiik
NoroBiik's picture

waleed123 said: thanks for that but in england the RoboBoa is gone half price. wich makes it almost the same as the bladestar. but i really want to get more info on the RoboBoa. What is its best feature?

Great IR sensor range for one & 90-120 degrees coverage. Strong motors & unique locomotion plus lots of space outside & inside (checkout Nocturnals dissection of the Boa) for hacks. It also has a strong but subtle personality and some useful behaviors (intelligent tracking desklamp for one).

Note that this is a bot for people who like oddity and a flavor of the unusual - it's definitely not to everyone's taste.

Nocturnal's dissection article here :

http://www.robocommunity.com/article/12121/RoboBoa...-Dissected-/

waleed123
waleed123's picture

I honestly dont know how you can have the guts to dissect a brand new robot like nocturnal.

when people do hacks and mods dont they be afraid that you might do something wrong and then it will become a pile of junk. isnt that a  big risk ?

thats why i never follow these dragonfly mod forums even if you can make your dragonfly twice as fast. the people who do these things must be mechanics or something.

RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture

It's just an interest we have, We like to pull things apart to see how they work. If we can make them better that's fine if not we have had the pleasure of seeing how it works.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

waleed123 said: I honestly dont know how you can have the guts to dissect a brand new robot like nocturnal. when people do hacks and mods dont they be afraid that you might do something wrong and then it will become a pile of junk. isnt that a  big risk ? thats why i never follow these dragonfly mod forums even if you can make your dragonfly twice as fast. the people who do these things must be mechanics or something.

Dissections are easy, if you are carefully, take lots of reference photos, and think before you act. You can totally dismantle and reassemble just about anything without damaging it. Modding is a different  issue. Modding is a risk, things can go wrong. The first rule of modding is that if your not prepared to break it, you shouldn't be modding it.

The main reason I am willing to take risks is because I buy these things not to play with, but to dissect, probe, prod and all sorts of other things. For me, that is where the fun is. 

waleed123
waleed123's picture

looks like im gettin the bladestar

waleed123
waleed123's picture

THANKS everyone for your help

iquad
iquad's picture

yes bladester is a good choice.It's less$$$ too!!!

gugus651
gugus651's picture

I absolutely dig what Iquad says

roschler
roschler's picture

@waleed123,

Where is Roboboa half price in the UK?

-- roschler

waleed123
waleed123's picture

i saw it at argos for £40 but i dont think they do them anymore

harve
harve's picture

my blade star would not work because one of the propellers engine is not working how do i fit it?

harve
harve's picture

my blade star engine wont work dose anyone know how to fix it?