Stopping the mouth movement on Chatterbot Dog?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ron Repking
Ron Repking's picture
Stopping the mouth movement on Chatterbot Dog?

I've noticed that the Chatterbot Dog/Cat's mouth makes a little noise as it's opening and closing when it talks.  Is there a way to turn that off?

Ron Repking
Ron Repking's picture

Actually, never mind - I figured it out by actually reading the manual :-) You have to go to the "Plug-in" list at the bottom of the software and unclick the "Motion" plug-in. I also see an iTunes plug-in there. Have to check out what it does with iTunes next!

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Glad you found the "Motion" option, I actually chose to turn that option off as well - simply because I had trouble hearing the Chatterbot say its lines.

In iTunes, it should react to the band in the song tag - I'm gleaning that from the list of sounds in the sounds directory. I tested it with many songs in my library, but none seemed to trigger the Chatterbot - a lot of my music is indie / lesser known. Let me know how it works for you!

Pete

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Who sells the chatter boxes, I'm looking for the Fairy God Father Would love to do a hack on that one. I did not even think that they were being sold yet.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

Ron's one of the founders of Capable Networks, so I doubt he actually bought it retail. Wow Wee has probably supplied them with a couple.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

The press release stated they are to be available via Target.com and iQVC.com at the moment, and will become available via the WowWee store as well in the future.

I just checked Target and iQVC and searched for the chatterbot, but I don't see it yet. I would keep checking back at those places until the items are added - it should be very soon.

Pete

Ron Repking
Ron Repking's picture

Yep - you caught me. We had a preview in the office (Pete did a review) and I snagged it so that I could check it out at home. My (young) kids love it, especially the 'bodily functions' button :-)

GWJax
GWJax's picture

ok great that meens I did not miss them yet! Thanks for the info guys.
Jax