Turn shotdown off!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
xanxion
xanxion's picture
Turn shotdown off!

Hello all.

I was thinking if there is any way to disable or edit the sleep/shutdown mode?

My RS Media is allways connected to an AC adaptor. So i dont need that battery saving mode.

I read, that it could be done by taping the foot sensors. But there must be another way?

I was thinking about editing the config file in the main folder, but it didnt work, and actually its completely blank. I dont why why it is there, when its blank.

I think thats the most annoyng thing about the RS Media. That you are not able to set the sleep/shutdown mode. Or just Disable it.

I hope someone has an idea, or are willing to try figure one out.

Kind regards,

Mike

Billboard
Billboard's picture

How is that a problem. You can still listen to the robot while it is in power saving mode. I mean for music. But if you are just gonna play with it, you wont have any issues. Im trying to understand how this is a problem because I really need an adapter and I wouldnt mind a little problem like that as long as it keep this thing from eating all my batteries!

Mom, do we have any D batteries? NO. Why not? YOUR DUMB ROBOT ATE THEM ALL! Crap!

xanxion
xanxion's picture

Its a problem because it cant do anythin when it powers down, or goes to sleep mode. Guard mode stops, listening mode stops, IR sensors stops. Everything stops. And its a pain in the a** to enable him every 2 minutes, or 10 minutes with the controller...

And why does it have a guard mode, if it will only work for 10 minutes?

I mean, whats the point.

Im kinda dissapointed by it. And i got it yesterday. Allready dosnt use it, because of this issue.

Thats why i want a "hack"/idea to enable it, NOT to go in sleep mode, or shut down. When connected to the AC adaptor.

Would be much more fun if it could stay ON until i press the OFF button on the back, i guess thats why its there :P

Kind Regards,
Mike

Sarita
Sarita's picture

At least my V2 robots stay up all day because they like to watch things which means that they have something near enough for their eyes. Is Rs Media able to watch things when he is using adapter?

xanxion
xanxion's picture

yes he is able to see things when hes connected to an adaptor.. But its not allways something is moving. hehe..

Right now, i have done so that the foot sensors are pressed in all the time. It seems to work so far :-)

Kinda... :-)

MrScott
MrScott's picture

This is not a direct answer to your question, but perhaps a potential solution to the problem of keeping any WowWee robot awake.

The new RoboRemote allows associating a string of robot specific commands and delays with a button on the remote. The remote also can auto-repeat that string of commands.

So, for an expected price of $20 you can buy a remote that can transmit "Guard mode" every few minutes. Consider it a dope slap to the robot, to keep it from going to sleep.

xanxion
xanxion's picture

Thats sounds like a good idea. Im gonna try that out :-)

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Mike

MrScott
MrScott's picture

All you'll need to do is wait for the RoboRemote to be generally available. I think it's due out in the stores next month.

http://www.roboremoteonline.com/

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

The config file is not blank, its a symbolic link, which since you are obviously using windows (or maybe a mac), will appear as a blank file.

Symbolic links are somewhat like shortcut in windows, except better (and has been around much longer).

The link points to a file on the RS Media's hidden file system.

xanxion
xanxion's picture

thanks for the answers.

Nocturnal, that makes sense.
Is it possible to gain acess to the hidden file system?

I saw that you could connect to the rs media, with the help of your guide Nocturnal. Would that do the trick?

I would love to set some settings. hehe.