USB problems for my new RS MEDIA?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
St*rLITE
St*rLITE's picture
USB problems for my new RS MEDIA?

Hey All,

I recently bought a RS Media, seems to be working fine except when I tried to connect it to my PC via the USB cable that came with  the tin man. My PC just doesn't want to recognise it and says there is no robot found and the USB device does not work...Please can someone help out here. 

Much apprec.

MrScott
MrScott's picture
St*rLITE
St*rLITE's picture

Thanks ScottE!...I've tried everything discussed on the forums you linked to, but I can not get it too work. I'm running Windows xp sp2.

When I connect RSM to PC, it detects a removable disk drive but for some weird reason when I try opening the drive it says 'please insert a dick into drive f'....HELP!!!

I was so excited to get this now it's becoming really frustrating! Any help would be much appreciated...if there's any info you need about my set up please ask...really anxious to get this working.

St*rLITE

St*rLITE
St*rLITE's picture

ScottE, sorry slight typo on last comment...should read:

'please insert a disc into drive f'

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Just asking for the benefit of those who may be able to help you.
I don't own one.

Billboard
Billboard's picture

Are you putting the robot in USB mode before you try to open the software?

St*rLITE
St*rLITE's picture

Billboard - I only plug the usb to the PC once robo is in USB mode and says 'Tether Attached', then open the software. Is this correct?

Billboard
Billboard's picture

This is what I do.

Plug in the USB cord from the robot to the computer with the robot off.

Turn on the robot.

Take him to options/then to USB mode, he will say tether attached.

close all the junk and stuff that pops up about it being a drive of some sort.

Open up the RS Media Suite and click one of the buttons.

The software should display what the robot has on it. (Spacebot, BillyJoe, Service Bot, and so on)

I hope this helps.