Brain battery low problem...

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
BiggusDickus
BiggusDickus's picture
Brain battery low problem...

I picked up a grey Robosapian model V2 for $25 on craigslist a little over a year ago.  It has been working fine since then and entertains my 3 year old quite a bit.  The other day it said "brain battery low, powering down".  OK I thought, time for some new batteries.  I replaced all D and AAA including the transmitter with new Duracell batteries.  Turned it back on and he worked for about a minute then gave me the same error message and shut down again.  OK another set of all new batteries and I cleaned the battery contacts with electrical contact cleaner.  Turned him back on and after a minute the same thing happened.  He has not been dropped (my 3 year old won't touch it, just likes to watch it from a distance) and all other features work perfectly for the 60-90 seconds after I turn him on till he powers down with the brain battery notification.  I searched this forum but could not come up with any answers, so I thought I would post a thread in he hopes that one of you kind people might help me out. 

Ruflogni
Ruflogni's picture

I have the same problem, I just bought a RobosapienV2 and after only few minutes it gave the message

Ruflogni
Ruflogni's picture

I have the same problem, I too changed batteries. I also got the message: "bad motivator". Mine is brand new and starting powering down after few minutes of play.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

It sound to me that your wire inside are starting to crack the insulation off the wires, We've had alot of this goiing on and I had to do the same thing which is to open it up and replace all the wiring in it. If you don't do this it might short out and in some cases start the foot on fire. So open him up and check all wires and replace as needed.
Jax

Currahee
Currahee's picture

i agree with GWJax

Robosapien-man
Robosapien-man's picture

my blue robosapien V2 has the same problem.And i've noticed that every time i turn himon his left foot always gets hot.And old batterys turn him on but there old and he wont stay on! its reely annoying! but i mite have my dad rewire it.

Thanks! =)

Kiko
Kiko's picture

I had the same problem. Thinking in wire problem, I totaly disassembly the Robot.
I found the wires intact with no problem. the problem was on the on-off switch.
aparently , the swicth turn on and off multiple contacts and after replacing the switch on the back of the Robot, it is working fine again.
I hope this help!

SlopeStyleDJ
SlopeStyleDJ's picture

I have the same low brain battery shutdown warning. I pulled the new batteries out quickly after it shut down and the 2 AAA in the left foot were very hot. I'm assuming a short, so the wiring replacement seems like the way to go.

nomad
nomad's picture

your low brain batterie is because you dont have brain.dont you know there are kids here on site.to use a picture like this .and this is still a robot site .

TehRSV2
TehRSV2's picture

SlopeStyleDJ said: I have the same low brain battery shutdown warning. I pulled the new batteries out quickly after it shut down and the 2 AAA in the left foot were very hot. I'm assuming a short, so the wiring replacement seems like the way to go.

Thats the ONLY way. Unless you cover the wires with tape but its better to replace them, and change your picture.

nomad
nomad's picture

then we have different vieuws about things.i find these foto's insulting,for,
every one who have not this possebility or the looks.looks is all that count,
these days,not the person behind it.many are forced to live in a world where,
looks count.its every where ,magazines,cars you name it.and i didn get one mail from any administrator.did your wife post this pic ,no you did.and i dont insult your kids or any ones kids.and yes i did complain by the administation,
for your pic.you dont have any idea howmany kids these days are abused,
used for (work),kill by adults.and thiss is not a kids site but they are alloud here,so we need to look after them that they are ok.or do you think there moms and dad like it when they see pics like this.yes i was rude and insulting so where you .too think only about yourself.

SlopeStyleDJ
SlopeStyleDJ's picture

I was not rude in any way. You are judging people based on looks, not me. My children find it insulting that your judgement of my wife deems her insulting. I was abused as a child so I do know, but that is not appropriate to talk about on this site. Beauty is in no way an insult. I teach my children to appreciate the beauty of everyone. There are no bad looking people, we are all different in our own wonderful way. My children have learned very good moral values. I would be more concerned with my child reading the screen name "BiggusDickus" as that can not be disputed to be very foul language. Why hasn't that poster been made to change their name yet? You can not fairly reprimand me for a photo of a fully clothed woman if you allow screen names with rude sexual names. To be consistent with your approach why is Sara Phillips allowed to post an attractive woman in a black dress as her picture? The welcome administrator decided that was suitable.
You seem to think only about yourself, and your twisted logic of becoming personally insulted and relating a picture of a woman to child abuse. The picture I posted of my wife would easily be considered PG. Since my wife was the one who purchased the Robo V2 for my children it made sense to use a recent summer picture of her.

nomad
nomad's picture

you are not living in a real world.but like i said.i will not go furher in this ,by

TehRSV2
TehRSV2's picture

I don't think it was the picture. Rather the angle it was taken at. Also the username Biggus Dickus definitely concerning but the user has been inactive for nearly 4 years. Like nomad, I won't stay in this. Maybe we should just let this thread die. Good luck with your V2

SlopeStyleDJ
SlopeStyleDJ's picture

I have the same low brain battery shutdown warning. I pulled the new batteries out quickly after it shut down and the 2 AAA in the left foot were very hot. I'm assuming a short, so the wiring replacement seems like the way to go.

nomad
nomad's picture

your low brain batterie is because you dont have brain.dont you know there are kids here on site.to use a picture like this .and this is still a robot site .

TehRSV2
TehRSV2's picture

SlopeStyleDJ said: I have the same low brain battery shutdown warning. I pulled the new batteries out quickly after it shut down and the 2 AAA in the left foot were very hot. I'm assuming a short, so the wiring replacement seems like the way to go.

Thats the ONLY way. Unless you cover the wires with tape but its better to replace them, and change your picture.

nomad
nomad's picture

looks count.its every where ,magazines,cars you name it.and i didn get one mail from any administrator.did your wife post this pic ,no you did.and i dont insult your kids or any ones kids.and yes i did complain by the administation,
used for (work),kill by adults.and thiss is not a kids site but they are alloud here,so we need to look after them that they are ok.or do you think there moms and dad like it when they see pics like this.yes i was rude and insulting so where you .too think only about yourself.

SlopeStyleDJ
SlopeStyleDJ's picture

I was not rude in any way. You are judging people based on looks, not me. My children find it insulting that your judgement of my wife deems her insulting. I was abused as a child so I do know, but that is not appropriate to talk about on this site. Beauty is in no way an insult. I teach my children to appreciate the beauty of everyone. There are no bad looking people, we are all different in our own wonderful way. My children have learned very good moral values. I would be more concerned with my child reading the screen name "BiggusDickus" as that can not be disputed to be very foul language. Why hasn't that poster been made to change their name yet? You can not fairly reprimand me for a photo of a fully clothed woman if you allow screen names with rude sexual names. To be consistent with your approach why is Sara Phillips allowed to post an attractive woman in a black dress as her picture? The welcome administrator decided that was suitable.
You seem to think only about yourself, and your twisted logic of becoming personally insulted and relating a picture of a woman to child abuse. The picture I posted of my wife would easily be considered PG. Since my wife was the one who purchased the Robo V2 for my children it made sense to use a recent summer picture of her.

nomad
nomad's picture

you are not living in a real world.but like i said.i will not go furher in this ,by

TehRSV2
TehRSV2's picture

I don't think it was the picture. Rather the angle it was taken at. Also the username Biggus Dickus definitely concerning but the user has been inactive for nearly 4 years. Like nomad, I won't stay in this. Maybe we should just let this thread die. Good luck with your V2

SlopeStyleDJ
SlopeStyleDJ's picture

nomad
nomad's picture

TehRSV2
TehRSV2's picture

nomad
nomad's picture

SlopeStyleDJ
SlopeStyleDJ's picture

nomad
nomad's picture

TehRSV2
TehRSV2's picture

SlopeStyleDJ
SlopeStyleDJ's picture

nomad
nomad's picture

TehRSV2
TehRSV2's picture

Pages