2 x Roboraptors

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
dieselracer13
dieselracer13's picture
2 x Roboraptors

Hi

We've just bought 2 Roboraptors for our twin grandsons ready for Christmas, we had to get them both the same otherwise there would be arguments, but I would be gratefull if anyone can advise whether they will operate in the same room together without any conflict from their remote controls.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark Smile

roschler
roschler's picture

Mark,

No they won't. They will both respond to either remote like a synchronized dance team.

-- roschler

dieselracer13
dieselracer13's picture

Thanks for the response roschler, thats a shame hopefully it will not spoil there enjoyment of them.

Regards

Mark

roschler
roschler's picture

Mark,

I just saw Roboquad's for $24 on Amazon. Perhaps you could get them one of those and keep the Roboraptor for yourself? Different WowWee robots do not share the same infrared command codes so they can act independtly.

-- roschler

MrScott
MrScott's picture

roschler said:
Mark,
I just saw Roboquad's for $24 on Amazon. Perhaps you could get them one of those and keep the Roboraptor for yourself? Different WowWee robots do not share the same infrared command codes so they can act independtly.
-- roschler

I think you missed the point that Grampa is looking to provide twin grandchildren each with an equivalent gift.

Two copies of any specific model of WowWee robot currently share the same IR codes.  It's not like Radio Control cars that traditionally are available in two frequencies, so that two people can race.

Depending upon how "alike" the two gifts have to be, perhaps one Raptor and one Reptile might fill the bill. They're different in speed and temperment, but they're similar in size and the types of actions they do.

If you go that route, you might want to pick up a RoboRemote for yourself, so that you can quietly control both robots from your corner of the room. You'd certainly confound the grandkids if the robots both reacted everytime you walked into the room (and pushed your small RoboRemote's buttons).

roschler
roschler's picture

MrScott,

Ah, I see, then he should buy 2 Roboquads and then tell the kids to play with one of each robot type each time. LOL.

Roboreptile is another option but wow, $24 for a Roboquad? That's nearly a stocking stuffer!

-- roschler

MrScott
MrScott's picture

My BigLots was selling the Discover Channel variation of the RoboQuad for $35 as recently as last month. I haven't looked for any on the shelf lately.

That's $35, plus some tax, and no shipping costs. Not bad for an afternoon impulse buy this past summer.

dieselracer13
dieselracer13's picture

Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated. The suggestion of the Roboreptile could be a good option.

Cheers, Mark