When SD card inserted RS Media does not pick it up.

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
mfrickard
mfrickard's picture
When SD card inserted RS Media does not pick it up.

Hi all,

I have just purchased an rs media and having great fun with it, (even if I am 51, Big kid realy). When I put an SD card into it with music on, it doesn't pick it up.  All songs are 192kbs or lower and the card has been formatted with fat and fat32 respectivley.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Mark

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Try putting the SD Card in, Letting RS Media start up. He won't do much so wait a bit and then shut him down, wait 15 seconds then start him up again. the first start up should have put a start up file on there which will be activated on the 2nd start up. Hopefully that should make your music accessible.

alibasim959
alibasim959's picture

first format your card from your computer then insert it to the rs media when it it off
after that turn the robot on for 30 sec the turn it off
after that insert the card back to the computerr and your rs media should wrote sevral files and folders put your songs in the music folder
ufter this insert the card to the robot when it is off then turn the robot on and you sould find you songs.

(note that rs media dose not read every audio format it reads mp3's)

hope this helps.............

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

This is great, I've never used a forum before, the first two answers to my question and my problem is solved. Thank you very much.

My Bots,

robosapian, rs media, roboraptor, and a non wow wee bot that shoots little foam disks from his body.

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Cool. Can we have some piccies of your little robot family?

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

I'll work on it over the weekend

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Excellent! In the mean time, here's mine....

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

Nice little family

alibasim959
alibasim959's picture

i wouldn't really call it little

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

OK then, Large family. I'll get all mine together for a family photo and upload it later.

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

And here are my bots

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Very Nice. Any additions to the family this Christmas?

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

Not sure. Having lost my wife on 2nd November, I have a lot of other things to sort out, but who knows? I may treat myself to one or two new bots.

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Sorry to hear that mate. My condolences.

Sunbeamowner
Sunbeamowner's picture

idrum289 said:
Sorry to hear that mate. My condolences.

Sorry to hear as well and welcome to the 'Community' (from fellow 52 year old kid).

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Well said Sunbeamowner. Hey, I fired up Bob for the first time in ages today. Still as adorable as ever. Left him on the Billy-Joe Sapien personality. Gave him his favourite toilet roll to hold (long, boring story). I'm moving house this weekend so my bots have camped out in my office at work for the moment. I'm also making sure they all have fresh batteries ready for Christmas.

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

Thank you all for your condolences, as time goes on it gets a little bit easier. OK, heres a good one, I was on Ebay last night and put in a bid for a V2. I gave a bid of £40.00p I won it for £27.00 plus p&p a total of £37.00p Not bad ha? The seller says that it is in perfect working order, (Let's hope so)

Like idrum289 says "it's a disease"

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Well done indeed!

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

Yes well, I've counted my chickens before they hatch before!!!!

idrum289
idrum289's picture

So have I. Well, here's hopin'!

iquad
iquad's picture

Sad to know,boy.My condolences.And get your robot in good shape!

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

Thanks for that.
OK, news on the V2 from ebay, it arrived in good shape. put in new batteries to find no life, checked bats, all OK (Bugger got a dud), took off back and had a look at on/off switch. Fiddled with switch wires and tried again, it now works fine.
Not bad, a V2 fully working for 37 pounds inc P&P.

iquad
iquad's picture

For me,37 pounds is like a fortune!

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

Sorry iquad, I did not intend any oneupmanship. It's just that a new V2 in the UK sells for around 200 pounds, hence the reason I was so pleased. Out of interest, how much are they in India?

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Glad to see all worked out with RSV2 mfrickard! Well done on the fix too.

iquad
iquad's picture

A v2 here is 6080rs.

iquad
iquad's picture

Just guessing,idrum,how much are they in australia?

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

According to a currency calculator on the net,6080rs equates to about 80 pounds, still a lot cheaper than a UK one.

idrum289
idrum289's picture

iquad said: Just guessing,idrum,how much are they in australia?

Last time I saw one was in a local department store for AUD$174.00

They took them off the shelf to make way for the Tribot and I have not seen them since.

mfrickard
mfrickard's picture

AUDS$174.00, that is about 76 pounds. This seems to confirm the saying "RIP OFF BRITAIN"
Compared to the rest of the world we are charged double or more than anyone else.

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Hmm, and here I was thinking Australia got crapped on from a great height when it came to retail pricing.......