Flytech Hornet/Dragonfly Problems

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Redpy
Redpy's picture
Flytech Hornet/Dragonfly Problems

I've noticed there are no hornet threads and this may be because it is a dragonfly in a different color.  The tail rotor on my hornet runs consistantly. I tried turning the trim dial but at the lowest the dial goes the rotor still turns just slower. I notice no increase or decrease in the rotor speed when I use the right stick. Because it keeps moving I can't fly it straight or turn it so it always goes left.
Any information would be helpful because I don't want my $30 to go to waste. It is a real flytech toy and I got it at Target if that helps.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

It sounds like the batteries are running low in your remote or yu have a bad remote. Try changing out the batteries first if that does not help return it back to Target and get another one else you'll have to repair the remote your self.

Jax

warhammer40kfan
warhammer40kfan's picture

mine won't stay up

Redpy
Redpy's picture

Thx for the answer jax i returned it the morning after and ended up with a less cool looking dragonfly. nice to know i can get help if needed though.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Redpy and warhammer I have a thread about a wing mod that works very well in lifting your DF a bit more and can handle more lift as well at around 5grams but no more. It's a very easy hack to do if you have the carbon fiber rods to do it or you can take then from the extra wings you have. Do a search on "wing mod" to find it. I have not been to that thread in a long time so it might be archived but the search can find it for you. Try it out and let me know what you think. Also I said just do the under side wings be really do all four wins at the same time for better flight.

Jax

edit here is the thread: http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/12721/New-wing-struts-giving-m...

Redpy
Redpy's picture

jax thx for the link however i really don't want to mess up my extra wings if i could find other sources of carbon rods i would try it out
thx anyways btw can't get them online with credit card

GWJax
GWJax's picture

most of your good hobby stores have carbon rods make sure you get the smallest dim hey make or just take your wings in for a sample of what you need.

Jax

MrScott
MrScott's picture

The stock, standard dragonfly should be able to fly okay.

If yours does not have enough power to climb, then I'd start by checking that there are fresh batteries in the remote for charging the fly. I'd also check that the flapping mechanism is not binding at the pivot point or against the foam body.

Here's how mine performs.

Redpy
Redpy's picture

mine flys fine however would like to make it fly higher thx and i will try it even it it destroys my other set of wings *starts to cry* jk lol