I thougth it would be nice to have a single point to collect "new feature" requests. I'd like to distinguish this thread from "bug fixes." What are some enhancements that you would like to see from the developer community?
Here are some of my ideas...
1. Ability to define an "exclusion zone" where the Rovio should not go. My house has a couple of levels, and I'd like the ability to exclude the Rovio from that area. Rovio can only traverse steps going in one direction! Sometimes, when the Rovio is searching for the path, it will wander "over the edge" and then need help.
2. Cruise Control. There are times when I would like the Rovio to keep moving forward (at a specific speed). I could then send "steering commands" to angle left or right or stop cruise control!
3. Add attitude control to the joystick interface. Currently the Rovio maintains attitude/orientation when moving from side-to-side using the joystick control. I'd like the ability to also change the attitude/orientation using the joystick.
4. Timed/Scheduled path. The ability to select a path and "schedule it."
5. Ability to include "photo" with "unique file name." Time-based would be ideal, but if the unit does not track date/time, a rolling counter is fine
6. Ability to include "Go Home" "command" on Timed/Scheduled path.
7. Ability to update "send to" email address after photo is taken. Perhaps simply the ability to add another addressee after the photo has been taken/sent to the primary? We need the ability to separate the photo event from the send mail event.
8. Address book for email addresses would be nice
9. When navigation is available, the Rovio should be able to detect a "blocking obstacle" that doesn't register on the front IR sensor (i.e., low obstacle in front, or oblstacle out of range of IR in back or sides). Perhaps some logic like "wheels moving for more than X seconds while position/orientation hasn't changed."
9. variable angle on camera arm. If the angle must be discrete, then something between the current highest angle and the lowest angle.
10. ability to send angle commands to wheels while moving forward (i.e., turn right, turn left).
11. Access Log showing account, connect times, failed access attempts, etc.
12. Action Log showing the high-level commands issued (i.e., routes, account, date/time started & completed).