An Easy Solution for the Annoying Blue LEDs

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
iZoo
iZoo's picture
An Easy Solution for the Annoying Blue LEDs

The 6 blue LEDs are too bright for me.
So I've just apply the gray vinyl stickers on the LED windows.
They reduce the brightness and look great.
It's easy to remove them if you don't like.

I made them with my cutting plotter.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Nice look iZoo, I like this better than the bright lights, Good job!

Jax

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Those are really nice, great job! If you could post a pic of the dimensions you used to make those stickers, or something printable that someone could use as a guide to cut their own, that would be awesome!

You can submit it as a file to download if you want, I can help you with that - let me know!

Pete

iZoo
iZoo's picture

Thank you guys,
I've just submitted the template file (PDF format) to download.

I can make more stickers if you want.
Just send me a SASE, I will give you the stickers.
Please send me PS first.

iZoo

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Cool, I published the download, so now everyone may have access to it.

http://www.robocommunity.com/download/15130/Rovio-LED-Cover-Sticker-Temp...

Thanks for your hard work!

Tomasito
Tomasito's picture

iZoo said: Thank you guys, I've just submitted the template file (PDF format) to download. I can make more stickers if you want. Just send me a SASE, I will give you the stickers. Please send me PS first. iZoo

Hello izoo,

can you provide me your address, I will send you a SASE

Thanks,

tomasito

Boo557
Boo557's picture

Cool. But wouldn't it be easier if you used coyboyctx's rovio commander? He has an option with a check box to turn off the LEDs. It's here: http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/15113/Rovio-Commander-with-Mot...

denodan
denodan's picture

I cannot understand why people don't love the bright Blue lights? To me I love them and makes Rovio look like something out of the space age, or SCI FI movie.

They also stop the risk of anyone tripping over Rovio and why the lights are so bright in the first place.

Boo557
Boo557's picture

denodan said:

I cannot understand why people don't love the bright Blue lights? To me I love them and makes Rovio look like something out of the space age, or SCI FI movie.

They also stop the risk of anyone tripping over Rovio and why the lights are so bright in the first place.

I like them to! :) You can make the lights even cooler with the Rovio Commander too! Instead of turning them off you can make them running lights! :)

jackdisco
jackdisco's picture

I realize that this thread hasn't seen a comment since 2010 but I thought I would give it a try anyway.
I haven't had much luck finding gray vinyl stickers. I found gray vinyl tape like at the link below but I'm not sure if it's translucent like the stickers that iZoo used.
Where can I find something like those stickers?

Gray Vinyl Tape: http://www.tapebrothers.com/Gray-Vinyl-Tape-2-x-36-yd-Roll-p/tbcvt636gy2...

Also, if other solutions for dimming the lights have been discovered, I would love to know. I don't want to turn them off completely and I haven't seen any threads about dimming.

Thanks!