Wowwee Roboraptor

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Armoshobbies an...
Armoshobbies and Robodrome's picture
Wowwee Roboraptor

Help needed please.. I had a Roboraptor arrive today. It came with batteries installed and when I pushed the on button It fired up okay. It does a few things but seems very sluggish. When I push the button to move it forward the little arms move and you can hear the mechanisms working but he dont go knowhere fast and when you lift him up his legs are moving only slightly would this be the cause of low batteries or could it be a more serious problem... any help would be appreciated regards...Armo

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Definitely low batteries. Change them to something high powered like Energizers or Duracell. I use Energizer NiMh rechargeables.

Armoshobbies an...

Thanks idrum289 i will do that it does everything but ive notice maybe it hasnt been used for a while in slow walk all the actions now but not moving to well ..
when you click for fast walk it does move now whereas before it wasnt but all sensors around head etc seem ok so batteries it is mate what do you think its not a very fast animal anyway is it but gee he looks good Armo

idrum289
idrum289's picture

No, definitely not fast! But rather cute and amusing. I'm about to upload a video of my Raptor (Fido) roaming my house. Actually there are 3 for the different moods he has. In the video you'll see how he moves with fresh batteries in.

Armoshobbies an...

Terrific mate I have him sitting here in front of me so i"ll put him in guard mode it came with manual terrific and see what he does Im sure he is doing all the right things but look forward to the video

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Uploading now mate....

idrum289
idrum289's picture

I notice the time settings for these posts are not on daylight saving time...

Armoshobbies an...

Yeah the guard mode is working perfectly does he sway from side to side when he roars at you ??? he rolls his head etc...looks like he wants to attack you too..

idrum289
idrum289's picture

That's the one!

Armoshobbies an...

Ive also noticed he doesnt turn left or right very well just seems to sway from side to side is that normal???

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Have you put the new batteries in yet?

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Fido in hunting mood...

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Fido in cautious mood...

idrum289
idrum289's picture

And finally, Fido in playful mood. He always seemed to go for the cat....

Armoshobbies an...

Im going to look at videos now mate i was just finishin off my nice pizza.. No i just cleaned the terminals and put old ones back in will get some tomorrow from hardware up here ...

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Trust me, you'll notice the difference with fresh batteries mate!

Armoshobbies an...

Hey that was terrific idrum289 tks yeah see the way your Raptor slow walks this one wants too but just seems to jog on the spot in fast mode moves but not too fast so will probably be batteries seems to do all the other things like in the video I hope thats all it is ...Armo

Armoshobbies an...

Thanks for all your trouble youve gone to and help mate will advise you tomorrow now im goin to have Mangos and Icecream for desert ok Regards Armo..

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Mangoes and icecream? Yep, your in QLD!

Armoshobbies an...

Now that was nice. I just noticed on my order listing I have another roboraptor coming like yours a coloured one this one I just received is the White one Ill have a good look at the batteries and by the way you havent included Polly in your Robot Listing regards Armo

Armoshobbies an...

Okay Idrum I have now tried the Roboraptor in all modes and demo mode and everything looks ok except for the walking turning part so tks again and will get batteries and give it a whirl regards Armo

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Oh yeah! Thanks for the reminder.

Armoshobbies an...

Very Nice Idrum289 Very Nice the tekno dog has jumped to 41.50 someone bidder2 must really want tekno dog I hope its not GW JAX haha Armo

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Armoshobbies and Robodrome said:
Very Nice Idrum289 Very Nice the tekno dog has jumped to 41.50 someone bidder2 must really want tekno dog I hope its not GW JAX haha Armo

Nope Armo it not me bidding, Sorry! I agree with you Idrum with the BATTERIES, this will really boost up Armo's Raptor. I have the original WowWee White and Black one but I would love to change its color but this will have to wait till the other projects I have get finnished.

Sorry I'm soo late on this thread but work was calling all day long and every once in a while I could check my E-mail when I'm in my car going to the next client that has a copier down and with the tax season just starting here, there will be a boost of machine that will need repairing so I guess alot of overtime for me hehehe.

Jax

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Go for it GW!!

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I've got a few videos on youtube showing the Raptor strutting its stuff.

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Robo, BG - if you're low on funds, see if you can get a Roboreptile first. Much more agile and entertaining.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

idrum289 said:
Robo, BG - if you're low on funds, see if you can get a Roboreptile first. Much more agile and entertaining.

yes and very agressive as well which makes him alot of fun to watch and play with.

Jax

Armoshobbies an...

Hi Guys yup Batteries were the problem he is growling around quite happy now thankyou all for tips and tku too Robo BG. I cant wait now to get my coloured one. ive got a good deal going at the moment ive been wanting to try one of the dragonflys ive seen it on the video and since i like indoor helis also i thought it should be fun so hopehully this guy wants to get rid of 2 raptors one of each colour and a dragonfly so im trying for 50.00 I didnt Get the Roboreptile GW i missed the end of the auction but I think it went for 41.00 Ive got a bit on for a dragonfly at a dollar and it ends soon so ill see how it goes... next one hopefully is Bladestar... and i got that Austronaut spaceman helicopter... oh and I put my little spykee micro together today and is he fun the cat loves him well worth my ebay bid.. I can see why the bigger version would be great too. regards Armo