Kitt,Christine,and Herbie

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
roboquad 77
roboquad 77's picture
Kitt,Christine,and Herbie

Wouldn't it be sweet if wowwee took the power of roboquad and made a rover version of the good cars from Knight Rider,Love Bug,and the killer Christine. They could have cameras in front and in back and maybe on the sides. Oh they could interact by racing or crashing into each other or wowwee's robots

Chris 22
Chris 22's picture

Nice idea, in deed.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

In my opinion the majority of the buying parents would simply dismiss them as expensive RC cars.

WowWee has already had some of their less autonomous creations referred to as RC cars with legs by their detractors.

roboquad 77
roboquad 77's picture

MrScott said: In my opinion the majority of the buying parents would simply dismiss them as expensive RC cars. WowWee has already had some of their less autonomous creations referred to as RC cars with legs by their detractors.

Mr.Scott I ment for this to be for more of the movie fan and even the Traxxas fan. As far as I know any of the kids I know would care less.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I was simply commenting on why it might not be a good product choice for WowWee. There are only so many Herbie, Kitt, and Christine fans out there.

They'd probably sell more animated car product if they could get a piece of the Pixar "Cars" franchise. The market for a Tow-Mata autonomous tow truck, with "patented back up navigation action", is probably larger than for a Chevy named Christine.

roboquad 77
roboquad 77's picture

that would be best (cars) but i would want an rc christine that could drive by its self

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Er, wasn't Christine a Chrysler? Smile

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Don't know. Don't care.
Wiki says the following.

The story revolves around teenage nerd Arnie Cunningham and his 1958 red and white Plymouth Fury,

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture

Kitt,Christine, and Herbie?,

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you WowWee's KCH collectors item for only $999.99... we will even include a free meal at KFC and an extra battery pack for every order of 100 or more.

Sweet deal!

roboquad 77
roboquad 77's picture

idrum289 said: Er, wasn't Christine a Chrysler? Smile

Yeal she she/he was./the rest has nothing to do with it. Maybe their could be a hacker who would be brave enough to strip a quad and put parts of it on a r/c car I know who that would be does any one alse know?Finaly the only reason I wrote this is because I used to be a major car freak before august when I got hoocked on wowwee.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

If you get around to looking for a chassis, the closest I've seen is a 1:6 57 Chevy. Not true to scale, and would need some modeling skills to twist it into Christine.

My copy is a bit of a beater, missing the trunk and windshield, so it's relegated to background shop fodder in my garage diorama. I only paid a couple of dollars for it at a thrift shop.

There are plenty of them on eBay.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=barbie+57+chevy

roboquad 77
roboquad 77's picture

nice diorama I do have a few r/c cars laing around willpost pictures later.And sine I live about way less than a mile from radioshack so if I get a soder I could whip something up.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

The electronics challenge would be in adapting RoboQuad's four legged gates to drive wheel and steering navigation.

The RoboQuad autonomy reacts to objects with a bag of tricks that includes sidesteps, moving at angles, and rotating in place. It does it by driving four leg motors in specific sequences. I'm not sure how you'd adapt that to automobile style maneuvering. The motor control for something like "move forward" is simple in a wheeled vehicle, but a complex coordination of motors for a quadruped.

It seems to me that adapting a wheeled robot would give you a control system starting point closer to what you'd need for a car.

roboquad 77
roboquad 77's picture

how bout I get a mindstormers kit then put the mind storm and sensors on the car where the chip would have gone.

roboquad 77
roboquad 77's picture

roboquad 77 said: will try to post pics btw 3:00 & 6:00

way off track but posted photos.

1# my hummer. I hacked it to play music.  will post more on it later.

2# is it worth texting about it bad but at least it moves.

3,4,5# my game boy, duel screen, and,palm ill.

6# something to text about this a dune devil stunt pro and I like it.

the rest are broken or wont serve as a good test car