all working no usb

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
mark*123
mark*123's picture
all working no usb

i have rs media in device manager.... i have extra drive in my computer....i have updated software and DivX.... I can transfer bender and photo to software...1GIG sd card recognized on robot with rs media  personality only,,,, then reverting back to onboard when sd removed with extra personalities. I got rechargeable batteries...ac adapter... But software does not recognize robot to transfer files to it.  I have powered usb hub on the way....am i going to need sd reader to to transfer files if usb hub makes no difference,,,,and what is involved with sd card reader,,some mention of putting files in right folder,,what will i see on sd card ????formated same as in my rs media  regards mark  ps like to meet 8yrs old work this out

smoothchat
smoothchat's picture

Pardon my obvious question, but..

have you selected 'USB mode' via the options menu in the Media section of the Robot?

Initially, you might find that a card reader for your SD card will be the better approach. I have found that transferring files ect via the USB can sometimes result in a corrputed file.

Insert your SD card in the reader and the RSMedia PC software will find it and treat it like a robot and you can transfer personalities etc to it. (So long as it has all the default files on it that the RSMedia puts there when you boot it with a blank SD installed)

mark*123
mark*123's picture

thanks for that, lot of working out to get these robots up and running, not the sort of thing you would expect when buying new in box, a lot would have been returned hence no more updated versions of rs media. cheers mark