Roboraptor vs roboquad vs Rex the dawg which one should I buy?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dothetouch
Dothetouch's picture
Roboraptor vs roboquad vs Rex the dawg which one should I buy?

Hi I can't decide to buy a roboraptor a roboquad or wrex the dawg. Please help!

idrum289
idrum289's picture

Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad Roboquad :D

Dothetouch
Dothetouch's picture

Is robo quad better than wrex the dawg?

idrum289
idrum289's picture

If you want some half decent AI on free roam then yes, Roboquad is the go. If you're after kids entertainment then go Wrex. For me, Roboquad is the better value.

roboquad 77
roboquad 77's picture

well i think rex is pretty cool in play value becuse of his keypad but roboquad althought it has all of that tru trking stuff it can get boring after a wile it think wrex the dog is the bway to go

Shai Alyt NEMO
Shai Alyt NEMO's picture

Also, I don't have a Wrex,I think Roboquad is (for now) the best WowWee robot "as it is", right out of the box, not as a platform for grown-up boys to do some modding/hacking. It has most "intelligent" autonomous mode from all and is interesting as a "funny RC car" also. Ant it looks really futuristic!

I just dreaming about hypothetic "Roboquad V2" with web-cam and BlueTooth or WiFi control...

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

The question, really, is what you're looking for in a robot.

Wrex the Dawg is a bit more of a kid's toy - I'm not sure how old you are or if you would enjoy Wrex's features, but most of our members are in their early teens to older and would probably be older than Wrex's target audience.

Between Roboraptor and Roboquad, I think Roboquad is overall a more complicated and enjoyable robot to play with. Roboraptor is super cool, but is not as mobile as Roboquad in my opinion. I consider Roboraptor a bit more of a "model" or a novelty compared to Roboquad which is more of a "robot." Again, just my opinions :)

Dothetouch
Dothetouch's picture

I am 12 years old.

roboboa
roboboa's picture

By my point of view i would say roboquad but if your one of those people that likes simple bots or just doesn't want to learn all the controls for RQ then roboraptor is the way to go (actually got mine 2 days ago on Saturday) very simple yet with his touch sensors a lot of fun. wrex on the other hand i don't have him but he seems most complex of all but pretty fun (I'm still a kid so you may not have the same point of view) so with what me & peter said it just depends on your point of view

idrum289
idrum289's picture

I actually have both but as far as what the robot can do compared to cost - Roboquad everytime. By the way, I got Wrex because he was on special. All the shops had him at AUD$249.99 but I got him at K-Mart for AUD$85.00. My youngest son really likes him. He is very entertaining but I think Roboquad is more "robot" for your money. (AUD$72.00)

roboboa
roboboa's picture

idrum289 said:
I actually have both but as far as what the robot can do compared to cost - Roboquad everytime. By the way, I got Wrex because he was on special. All the shops had him at AUD$249.99 but I got him at K-Mart for AUD$85.00. My youngest son really likes him. He is very entertaining but I think Roboquad is more "robot" for your money. (AUD$72.00)

like idrum said Rq would be more worth your money i got the roboquad (in my currunt pic) for $50 at target while i,ve only seen wrex at TRU for like $100 (amarican currency)

sonic's bike
sonic's bike's picture

i think wrex if you want to play wild