RS Media Java programming video

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
FreddyA
FreddyA's picture
RS Media Java programming video

Hello! Can anyone explain this (further)? Any other Java development out there?

cimplexsounds
cimplexsounds's picture

I'm not terribly crazy about Java either. It can make the most powerful of computers become painfully slow. If I was going to do a hack like this on my RS Media. I would really want to load his memory up customizable move and actions.

rob10
rob10's picture

can anyone help me i have had a rsmedia givern to me its had a bad life and will only boot up with its face on the floor as soon has you stand it up it goes off thanks.

cimplexsounds
cimplexsounds's picture

Sounds like you have some bad front foot sensors. I've seen this problem many times before. (These would be the button sensors, located in the front of his feet that help him avoid obstacles) Use duct tape and tape the sensors in. I have heard of this problem before. I believe it is a manufacturer defect.

If that doesn't help check that the battery compartments in his feet aren't damaged, causing the batteries to lose contact when you put him in a upright position. Also make sure that the battery covers on properly and that the screws are tight. Don't forget about the brain batteries. (the two AAA sized batteries that go in each foot.)

If this doesn't help, you might want to seek out someone with a little bit of technological know how, in robotics. They will have to open him up and see what's loose or damaged.

Hope this helps.