Frustrated with (lack of) Wowwee service?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
fsr1d3r
fsr1d3r's picture
Frustrated with (lack of) Wowwee service?

Hi all,

I would be interested in hearing of your experiences with Wowwee when you needed help or service. I am based in Germany and was referred by Wowwee central (service e-mail feedback form) to a person from Wowwee Europe in Brussels who made no attempt to help me with my new, but defect RS Media - with the simple remark that I had bought it via eBay - even if the dealer was a professional reseller.

After the 2nd e-mail - total silence. I then tried putting every Wowwee e-mail address I could find on cc: (finding such an address is almost impossible) with absolutely no response.

I find this lack of support or communication disturbing for a company selling such high-priced products, with many active customers in communities such as this. Even if the RS Media is not in production anymore - Wowwee has introduced a multitude of new products and, in my opionion, should be taking customer service much more seriously.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Better yet - did you find help? If so - how/where?

Cheers,

fsr1d3r

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture

fsr1d3r said: 
Has anyone else had similar experiences?

You could read this thread:http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/16037/WowWee-and-Woot/?highlight=wowwee+and+woot

Are you going to purchase WowWee products again from an unauthorized reseller or even from an authorized reseller?... I am curious.

Carey
Carey's picture

I have my issues with WowWee/Rovio and their poor customer service. My comments are in this thread:

http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/16775/Wowee-Please-honor-your-...

Though none of my comments will be of any help to you from the sounds of it. I had to purchase an after-market power brick as customer service is dragging their feet in replacing mine. And there is a wireless bug work-around that I haven't even tried, as I'm simply disgusted with the waste of time the Rovio is. So my Rovio is an over-priced paperweight.

My Rovio purchase was direct from the WowWee online store.

I've even had someone from Italy send me a private email on here a few days ago asking if I thought he should buy a Rovio, due to all the complaints he's read about it on this forum.

My suggestion to anyone buying a WowWee product to only buy from a local store with a good return policy. Cause you will not likely get the support you need from their customer service department if you have a problem, based on my own experience.

fsr1d3r
fsr1d3r's picture

Thanks for the feedback and links. I am surprised that this seems to be a common problem that has not been solved. I am not used to buying premium products and getting poor service like this. Even if I was willing to pay for a repair, I could not be helped. Throwing away a new 200 EUR robot (originally 380 EUR) is not an option.

My eBay reseller assured me that I could return the RS Media and he would refund my money - but that was not an option, because he could not replace it and there were no others to be found on eBay. After all - such a simple problem as a defective speaker cannot require rocket science to fix or so I thought.

I will definitely check with the reseller next time and make sure that such issues can be handled professionally.

There must be a way to build the pressure enough that something changes. It is really a shame, because they have such interesting products. Via press, comments in online shops, forums such as this and (if they could be found) writing to Wowwee top management it must be possible to get something moving. Anybody else angry enough to try?

Cheers,
fsr1d3r

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture

fsr1d3r said: There must be a way to build the pressure enough that something changes.
It is really a shame

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Buy from GoodWill for 1/10th the list price, receive the same lack of warranty, and feel no shame at all.

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture

There is also The Salvation Army! :- D

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Sometimes I feel as if I'm running a Home For Wayward Robots. I rescue abandoned bots from garage sales, Salvation Army, GoodWill, and warehouse clearance stores.

I've been able to restore function to all but the most abused, so far.

Of course there's no thought or question of making a warranty claim on such robots.