RS Media Repair

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Digger
Digger's picture
RS Media Repair

Well, Ive used my rs media as a prop inside a haunted house. it worked great untill he was knocked  over by an employe. ive taken him apart and found the lower coller for the head has broken and 2 torn ribbon cables. any idea where to get parts?

Digger

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hello Digger, I also had a torn ribbon cable and a while back I wrote WowWee support about parts but that was a dead end. They didnt have anything that quite matched at the electronics stores. I had to splice the ribbon back together, that was quite difficult but I had no other choice at the moment. Since the operation worked I havent searched much but I should so if I do find anything like it online I will post it. As far as the neck. I bought a used RSV2 and have been using it for rsm replacements, the parts fit perectly.

Freddy

Digger
Digger's picture

thanks for the advice! he will live agin~! i had him working in a haunted house here in salem. he got knocke over by my dad. he wants to buy me a new one. so i want to try to fix him!thanks for the help.
Dig

Helibot
Helibot's picture

Hey Digger,
The ribbon cables plug into connectors, its quite common for the cables to pull out. They can be plugged back in (there is a bit of a trick to it though).
Or are your ribbon cables or connectors actually damaged?

For some ribbon cables its possible to cut them shorter, then scrape the insulation off (until you find a shiny metal) then it may plug back in OK. Not sure is anyone has actually achieved this with an RSMedia cable though.

Cheers
Helibot